Bug Recurring error that filled a log file with thousands of the same error.

Malurth

I was pressing the 'up' arrow adjacent to my buffs on the charpane, one at a time, queuing five of them in a row. After it was taking too long to load the page, I checked KoLmafia, only to find it was in the process of spewing out "Unexpected error, debug log printed." over and over and over. After manually aborting, I went to check the log files, only to find Windows was reporting a log file of 100MB and growing. I opened it to find this error reprinted countless times:

Code:
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.LinkedList.get(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:181)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:164)

When I opened it the log file was just short of seven million lines. As I type the log file is growing according to Window's file explorer, and it has reached 800 MB (despite KoLMafia still being aborted). Notepad++ refuses to open it now. Also, my graphical CLI says the "KoLMafia declares world peace" line nine times in a row, which is odd since I only pressed the abort button once.

So uh, try and fix this I guess.

EDIT: Now it's exhibiting the exact same behavior whenever I try and buff via the charpane, even for single-clicks. I'll try relogging, it was working before :<
EDIT2: Yeah, relogging fixed it.

Last edited: