New Content - Implemented Palindome Revamp

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Several people in /clan tell me that it worked for them. I don't have any ideas. I use Firefox, but at this point browser compatibility seems unlikely.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The only way I found to make this not work was to delete palinshelves.2.js from my relay folder after starting mafia. I restarted mafia, went back, and it was working.

Theraze

My relay folder has palinshelves.js, palinshelves.1.js, and palinshelves.2.js all. I haven't done anything to add or remove any versions.

Darzil

Developer
It's odd. My relay has palinshelves.2.js, it is referenced in the html loaded when I visit the page, but doesn't change the selections for me in IE, FF or Chrome.

Magus_Prime

It didn't work again for me two days ago with FF. I have palinshelves.js, palinshelves.1.js, and palinshelves.2.js in /relay and the last has a datestamp of yesterday. I should be at the Palindome again in a day or so for another test.

Winterbay

As requested here are debuglogs of using I love me vol I in the CLI and browser. Only the latter works for unlocking Dr. Awkward.
I note that in the first case the book is not actually removed which it is in the second successful attempt.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20140314-gCLI use.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 165
  • DEBUG_20140314-use in browser.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 111

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
As requested here are debuglogs of using I love me vol I in the CLI and browser. Only the latter works for unlocking Dr. Awkward.
I note that in the first case the book is not actually removed which it is in the second successful attempt.

Removed some old code to fix that. I don't know what it was doing pre-revamp.

Magus_Prime

I'm at the Palindome again, r13873, and the shelves are still not auto-filling.
  • I shut down KoLMafia completely
  • Removed all copies of palinshelves* from /relay
  • Restarted KoLMafia
  • palinshelves.2.js was recreated in /relay
  • Returned to Dr. Awkward's office
  • Same problem

What can I do to help troubleshoot?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13876 selects the correct items in Drawn Onward my munging the HTML via Java, rather than telling the browser to load the Javascript file and letting that do it.

Ezandora

Can questL11Palindome update to step3 when you speak to Mr. Alarm in his office?

Office URL:
Code:
place.php?whichplace=palindome&action=pal_mroffice

Here's the two possible responses that indicate that step:

Code:
Inside the office, you see a guy in a lab coat standing at a sink, washing beakers.  You step up behind the man and tap him on the shoulder.<p>"Oh, hello! Can I help you with something? I'm Mr. Alarm, Mr. Alan Alarm."<p>"Did you once work for Dr. Awkward?"<p>He flinches, and his eye starts to twitch. "How did you know that? Did he send you?  I moved all the way to the other side of the building to get away from that jerk!"<p>"No no, I'm trying to find a way to penetrate his ineptitude field. He dropped a book when I tried to fight him before, and it mentioned you, so I thought you might be able to help me." You hand him the book, and he flips through it with interest.<p>"Aha! He's made notes of some of his formulas... All right. I'll tell you what -- I was about to go to lunch, but if you bring me some food, I'll work on a counter-charm.  I'm in the mood for a bowl of wet stunt nut stew."<p>"...Wet stunt nut stew?"<p>"Yes, yes.  Just like my grandmother used to make.  She'd make a stock out of bird rib and lion oil, then stew in some stunt nuts. God, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I'll get to work on the charm; I should be finished by the time you get back."<P>"Where can I find it?"<p>"Oh, well, I know those dreadful Nas'Kar people inside the dome sometimes use wet stunt nut stew as bait in their party boobytraps.  If you can't figure out how to make the stew yourself, maybe you could find some there?"

Code:
He's hard at work on your counter-charm, and he's hungry -- you shouldn't go back in there until you've got his stew.<p>He suggested checking party boobytraps in the Palindome.

Also, is there any non-visit_url-way for ASH scripts to detect Dr. Awkward's office being open/available?