Page 211 of 222 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2219

Thread: EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Except you do NOT need to do a mall search to find out *some* items are going to be trash, because they would be trash even for free. I even postulated an explicit formula to find out which ones.
    (you still need to do a mall search for many other items that will turn out to be trash)
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    You got it. That's what I was trying to get at with my convoluted rat scrapple example.

And if you know you want a minimum average of 2.5 adventures or better... well, you can already tell the script to do so and it will eliminate the items while parsing mafia's data files and never run the mall search at all...
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    One problem with this: What constitutes a reasonable minimum is very different between food/booze/spleen. 3 adv/fill food is a no-brainer, but spleen items of that level are much harder to come by.
    (My main reason for this request: It's frustrating that the script does a buttload of redundant searches by default, and takes ridiculously long with a bad connection/during high server load).

Yeah .. I *considered* mentioning a "but I don't want to be the one to implement that, after looking at the code". It's not as trivial change as it looks from the "drawings of what we want it to do" table.
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    Size and availability are probably enough make this complicated, even KoLmafia idiosyncracies aside. But it's a shame about those - otherwise I might have implemented it myself, as it seems like a fun challenge from the drawing table.

The check to see whether or not a dish counts for carboloading seems a bit incomplete. It only checks to see if the item is created from dry noodles or evil dry noodles, but doesn't check savory dry noodles, which are made from dry noodles. I don't know if all of the items that can be made from the savory noodles are pasta-y, but the elemental hi meins do count. Also, apparently, the spaghetti breakfast counts too.

Disclaimer: I have not tested any of these items, as I do not want to spend more time than I need to in this aftercore (I'm trying to finish the HC standard outfit before 2015 is over).

edit: Also, wouldn't it make sense to ignore the noNoodles preference if the mafia preference says carboloading is not being used?
    Last edited by Cool12309; 10-11-2015 at 07:39 PM.

It's up to you whether or not you want to work on carboloading. That's your choice. And only happens when you manually toggle the boolean.

Added avoiding savory dry noodles and their dishes. Also avoids spaghetti breakfast.

Today my diet had "bag of QWOP" in it which gave me the "QWOPped Up" effect causing my regular attacks to miss, losing combat, getting beaten up and triggering my farming script's beaten up aborting functionality. I'm not sure how many negative effects are out there, but I just want EatDrink.ash to do just that for me, eat and drink. I mean, sure, I can adjust my farming script to check for such negative effects, but I think the EatDrink.ash should be the one checking for such negative effects because it's the one gaining them in the first place and I don't even have a list of all the negative effects it can screw me over with, lol.

I am thinking, perhaps add in a functionality for using soft green echo eyedrop antidote, sure there are other ways to shrug off negative effects to save ~300 meat, but this is for rare situations anyways so the script doesn't cause other scripts to fail. Can it auto-shrug such negative effects for us when eating/drinking/chewing? Perhaps after it finishes its diet for the day, then shrug off any remaining negative effects gained from eating/drinking/chewing.

You could just run it through a wrapper. Look at the trackitems alias to see some easy ways to do that. You're still responsible for figuring out what you want to shrug and what you don't, but... how you use the script and with what is the user's choice.

Or just add "if get effect QWOPped up, uneffect QWOPped up" to your mood and it'll get removed automatically.

Or just add "if get effect QWOPped up, uneffect QWOPped up" to your mood and it'll get removed automatically.
    Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Yep. Worked for best anapests too. I am not certain that making this an ED problem is worth the effort, but if someone makes the effort then don't forget white lighting and temporary blindness and the things that beat you up.

Also need to distinguish between "don't use this because I can't deal with the effect (ronin, skill not available, no meat, etc.) and "ok to use this but remove the effect".
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Is there a way to test in KoLMafia if a specific effect is a negative effect? Then I could add logic for any negative effects gained from eatdrink(...) to have them shrugged.

There isn't anything, you'll have to make that list yourself if you want it to exist to use for something.

And fumbling can be a good thing depending on your equipment and effects. And some people think anapests and cheez are funny rather than just aggravating. *shrugs*