Page 121 of 222 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2219

Thread: EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Exactly. The problem is that we don't necessarily WANT to buy on a budget if creating is cheaper, or if we have it in our storage, or if we have it in our closet, or... What we do know is that if the price for the item is X, and we have allowed a flexibility of 1.25*X, don't spend more than that to get our item incase we're using historical values and it's spiked up wildly for some reason. Whether we buy, create, or pull... we don't want to exceed the budgetted amount.

There is (now) a speculative acquire, but that's a CLI command, and I don't think we have ASH functions to use for that yet. I'm not even sure what it should return... we'd probably need a 3 value retrieve_item where the third value is a string to tell it which part we'd like it to return... method, meat spent, total retrieved (since new acquire can give us 3 when we only asked for 1), adventures used, etc. Should that be a FReq? Maybe. It depends on if retrieve_item will actually retrieve an item when it's possible in a different way.

Edit: This always amuses me, but this one was so much of a difference, it really helps to show why I wanted to code speculative stacks.
    drink: At 0, consuming to 19 with 0 meat.
    Since 71.0 is more than 55.0 we are using a speculative stack of 900.
    Getting 4 Neuromancer in 0 seconds
    Last edited by Theraze; 09-14-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Well, new official release of mafia, so... here's my latest version. Changelog time!

Implemented since last mentioned:
    1158: Removed SC pulls from the consideration, since retrieve_item won't ever get them, which was causing items to get incorrectly rejected.
    1180: Fistcore meat is precious. Don't spend meat by default.
    1182: Using the total price of the item in getitem instead of recalculating. This means it's slightly more likely to fail when using historical prices, but also means that TPS and KLP will actually work.
    1202: Tweaked get_accordion retrieval - wanted it to not abort when item retrieval fails, but to continue and try to give us the best accordion value instead, which should allow for using a stolen accordion when it's all you have and you can't upgrade to RnR Legend (but have ED set to try)
    1202: Doubled milk/ode values - Removed another spot where ode and milk were doubling up the value on items, which lowers item values a bit, but the 'value' comes from the milk/ode, not the item itself, so this should reduce weirdness and best item changes between milk/ode on/off

To be done - Definitely:
    1069: Coinmaster (besides hermit) handling - Need decision on token mall price, item mall price, or lowest of the two - will probably use retrieve_item on tokens but will need custom override for hermit due to available_amount not calculating how many we can get with gum
    1128: Use vprint instead of verbose and verbose2 - Need to decide on what gets displayed at which levels
    1200: Work around mafia's new retrieve_item code - mafia recalculates the 'cheapest' way to get something as spending more money and getting more, which sometimes makes ED fail because it's spending more initially, but there might not be a good way to avoid this - Best solution would be more parameters for a speculative RI that tells us how much meat it's spending to save us meat, which we'll probably use for updating the effective price as well

Other posts of interest:
    1116: EatDrinkO for people who want post 1 EatDrink functionality in daily mafia
    Attached Files

I'll edit the intro post with 1202 once I've tested it. Thanks.

Edit: Done. The fork has ended.
    Last edited by fronobulax; 09-16-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I seem to have gotten 3.1.5 into an infinite loop while screwing around with some settings (set valueOfAdventure = 10000 is plenty to make it happen, I think - unless I'm missing a setting I had toyed with previously). Once it gets down to Prismatic Wads and mojo filters, it just keeps repeating. Looks like mojo filters aren't being limited to 3, maybe?

Code:
    Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.1.5).
    Consuming up to 0 food, 0 booze, and 15 spleen
    Considering food from inventory Hagnk's Coinmasters NPCs the mall. Per-item budget cap is 25000.0.
    Retrieval cap is 20000. Price will be a factor if you own it already.
    An adventure has the value of 10000 meat. Moxie subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.0.
    Simulating only; no purchases or food/drink/spleen consumption.
    //snip
    6: spooky wad lev:6 gain:1.0 adv:1.0 musc:9.0 myst:27.0 mox:18.0 meat:389 own:0 value:9863
    Pass 3: spleen.
    spleen: At 12, consuming to 15 with 433 meat.
    simulating retrieval of one prismatic wad.
    Waiting to consume...
    prismatic wad lev:7 gain:3.0 adv:6.0 musc:55.0 myst:55.0 mox:55.0 meat:5325 own:0 value:18481
    Countdown: 3 seconds...
    Countdown: 2 seconds...
    Countdown: 1 second...
    Waiting completed.
    1: prismatic wad lev:7 gain:3.0 adv:6.0 musc:55.0 myst:55.0 mox:55.0 meat:5325 own:0 value:18481
    Spleen value is 18481; mojo filter to get it costs 3900
    X: 3 mojo filters price: 11700 (total)
    spleen: At 12, consuming to 15 with 4675 meat.
    Waiting to consume...
    prismatic wad lev:7 gain:3.0 adv:6.0 musc:55.0 myst:55.0 mox:55.0 meat:5325 own:-1 value:18481
    Countdown: 3 seconds...
    Countdown: 2 seconds...
    Countdown: 1 second...
    Waiting completed.
    1: prismatic wad lev:7 gain:3.0 adv:6.0 musc:55.0 myst:55.0 mox:55.0 meat:5325 own:-1 value:18481
    Spleen value is 18481; mojo filter to get it costs 3900
    X: 3 mojo filters price: 11700 (total)
    spleen: At 12, consuming to 15 with 4675 meat.
    //etc. etc.

Try this... Put the "finished with mojo filters" bit into the "should I check mojo filters?" section. Hopefully that should handle it, but I've only ever had it want to use mojo filters a few times, so I don't run into this often, personally...

If it fixes the problem, fronobulax can spin 3.1.6 or wait until someone finally answers the questions needed for me to code those 3 definite features.
    Attached Files

If it fixes the problem, fronobulax can spin 3.1.6 or wait until someone finally answers the questions needed for me to code those 3 definite features.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    That seems to have fixed it, though honestly I haven't tried to screw with things to make it happen again. Here's what I can say: With the same settings I had previously, that caused the infinite loop, I no longer have any problems.

Thanks for the quick response and fix, Theraze. I wish the vendors/programmers I dealt with at work were as responsive as you
    Last edited by palpitations; 09-19-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Time to get to bed, I've got showstopping 4 month old bugs to deal with in the morning :(

Hello everybody,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post that, but I've looked in the forums and I didn't find a place that looked more suitable. Anyway.

Latest version of EatDrink.ash consumed 10 filthy lucres in the process of eating 5 bowl of Bounty-Os and 5 Oreille Divisee. It had never done this before, and now I'm back 10 days in my olfaction acquisition Anyway, why all of sudden is EatDrink buying stuff from the BHH? I suppose there should be a variable telling it to avoid doing it, but I couldn't find any.

Did you recently check "Buy items with tokens at coinmasters whenever needed"? That's just a random guess at something that seems related.

Yeah... most likely you told it to automatically acquire items from coinmasters. Eventually we're going to have some sort of thing in place to value those... but nobody's said yet whether we want token or item, high value or low value. So... if you set it to acquire items, mafia will trust that you mean it.

is there a way to put a 'price override' in? (I would like to hard code the price of an item, so that it will consider the price based on that rather than what it currently is in the mall)

Specifically Twinkly Wads, since these occasionally get put in the mall for min-price, it screws up the value of them....(I would hold on to them and sell them at 'trader times') But, I don't want to explicitly deny the use of them, there are times that they are better than other things (like if you only have 1 spleen available)