Feature - Rejected Some way of handling session conflicts?

Malurth

Unless I'm missing something, if KoLMafia is left open and logged in on an active computer, that makes it nearly impossible to play on any other computer. It seems to work at first, sometimes, but then I will soon be hit with an "Invalid Session ID" kick back to the homepage, and have to relog. I can get like, one to three pageloads before this happens anew, making the game pretty much unplayable.

I sit here in woe as I accidentally left mafia open and logged in at my home and am in no position to close it, so I'm out of luck. KoL is unplayable for me until rollover. I guess it's curtains for my run :(

Bale

Minion
Change your password. Quickly, before you can get logged out.

Then when your session at home attempts to log in again with the wrong password it will fail so you can keep playing.

Incidentally, this only happens when chat is active. If your character isn't in chat, KoLmafia won't even notice that it timed out.

Malurth

Aha! Great success! Both suggestions were vital to rectifying the issue. Thanks a ton as always, guys. I should look into getting a Bale/lostcalpolydude hotline.

(Still, would it not be possible for KoLMafia to have some method of handling this? Most other things do, but then, most other things aren't frontends for other things, so I can see how it might not be feasible.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
All mafia knows is that it is logged out, so it tries to log back in, and KoL lets it log in and boot the other session (it used to be that you were locked out from other computers completely if you stayed logged in somewhere, so that's a good KoL change). I suppose it might be possible to not do that for chat requests, or to have a setting to disable that behavior completely, but it doesn't seem worth adding.