Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your scripts automatically update their data files!

Zarqon, is your server OK? It's been down for a day or so now.

I noticed that just this morning (it's 5pm now here), but unfortunately haven't had time to do anything about it. I've barely even had time to play in the last couple weeks. Anyway, I just emailed the sysadmin, hope to figure out what's up soon.

It affects me even more since my email is on that same server. :/
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

If you need hosting, I have loads. Bust me up.

Server's back up. Evidently the cable modem provided by the cable company was crapping out. New modem, all systems go.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I can't believe I haven't run across this particular thread before... I was looking into doing something similar, and remembered bale's UR seemed to automatically dl data files, and poking around led me here.

Of course, what I'm planning to do is a bit outside of the norm (isn't it always for me?), but I'm thinking I can still make use of what you have going fairly easily. I don't suppose, though, that you've given any thought to an upload_current_map() function to allow scripts to automatically load their data files back onto your server?

As mentioned, I'm doing something weird... I want to be able to share certain clan information (stash activity, debts & credits, items already distributed by player) between HCN mods. Up to now, each clan dungeon has had one dedicated mod to track its use and payment for such by clan members, which:

1. puts a lot of extra work on a small number of shoulders
    2. means things go "kerplunk" whenever one of the mods quits / goes on vacation / etc.

I'm hoping that, if I can manage a way to upload to your server from the script, it will become fairly easy to share all of the relevant data between clan mods in a way that one can easily do current dungeon administration without worrying about what has and hasn't been tracked by some other mod.

Of course, this also would have come in hand for Daily Deeds... but I've already refactored that thing once...

P.S. This also pushes me even more to think that zLib needs something on the mafia wiki...

Edit to add:

P.P.S. If there was a way to restrict who could make uploads, that would be frabjoyous! I'd really rather not have it possible for anyone to update a file that erased their debt history.
    Last edited by StDoodle; 11-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.

I seem to have lost the ability to update maps. When I click the "upload" button on zarqon's map manager it refreshes the page without uploading anything.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I tried uploading my current version of batfactors and it didn't do anything, now granted this is the same version that is already uploaded so I don't know if that even should work. I seem to remember getting a message when I uploaded earlier but it says nothing now.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

It should work, but the website still says that batfactors was last updated on 7-17-11 22:54. Since that is not today's date, obviously you failed to update it. It's nice to know I'm not the only one having a problem. Or maybe that is not nice.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I can't upload to it either. I hope Zarqon gets his computer fixed soon so he's able to deal with this.
    Sig by JakAtk

That slacker zarqon should really get his act together in regards to that computer of his

(how are you doing on that btw?)
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard