Bug - Fixed get_monsters for the Mist-Shrouded peak

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have expressed my concerns about the way that various scripts seemed to be less than useful against Groar. It has finally made it through my thick skull that get_monsters( $location[Mist-Shrouded peak] ) returns no monsters and thus scripts either require special handling or will just get it wrong.

My understanding is that the MSP initially contains 2 (or perhaps 3) Panicking Knott Yetis and Groar. Once the yetis have been defeated it is just Groar.

I looked at combats.txt but could not figure out how to handle the conditional aspects of the MSP in the static data format (which probably explains why no one else has done so either). There is precedent for putting not quite correct data into mafia when there is a consensus that not quite correct is better than none but I don't know whether that consensus exists or not.

I can certainly concoct a 'fix' where mafia tracks several things internally and then overrides the data file when get_monsters is called for the MSP, but I can also think of several ways that might break if people adventure in the MSP outside of mafia. Those could be addressed but I am then reminded of the fact that a broken analog clock dial shows the correct time twice a day whereas a working analog clock that loses 1 second every hour is correct much less often.

Thoughts?