Recovery Script for Hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bale

Minion
New version released! People have had these problems:

[quote author=kain link=topic=2029.msg10981#msg10981 date=1231512528]
My only complaint/comment is that it prefers to BUY ancient magi-wipes/monstar energy beverage if I have available meat as opposed to using the ones I have in inventory already.
[/quote][quote author=ironsting link=topic=2029.msg10999#msg10999 date=1231602921]
OoC script tried to cast lasagna bandages infinitely.
[/quote][quote author=StormCrow42 link=topic=2029.msg11056#msg11056 date=1231884183]
Second, I experienced the looping lasagna bandages problem when Mafia kept switching on my Brimstone Bracelet to cast it and then taking it back off to restore my previous outfit afterwards.
[/quote][quote author=jabberw0ck link=topic=2029.msg11074#msg11074 date=1231940651]
When I get "Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives.", mafia simply stops at that point and I have to manually click "begin" again to continue adventuring. Any ideas why this is happening? I shouldn't be because of an actualy lack of meat because I have plenty both on me and in my closet.
[/quote]

Version 1.6 should fix all these problems and a few more subtle bugs that weren't reported. It's also better and more efficient.

Also, it will now refuse to use a disco rest unless you've got a dwelling. Nobody really wants to use their disco rest on bare ground at turn 2, so now it will wait for you to get a Newbiesport or Barskin Tent before disco resting.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=OlyveOyle link=topic=2029.msg11108#msg11108 date=1232013857]
Bale,

I love your script, its not just for hard core, it helps so much. Thanks for sharing it :)

-OO
[/quote]

Thanks OlyveOyle, but I just noticed a stupid little typo in the script, fixed it and re-uploaded the new version. So far only 1 person has downloaded it, so I suspect that is you. Sorry for the trouble, but please download it again.

I'm very glad it is helpful for you. Do you use it a lot in normal core play?

OlyveOyle

No problem.

I use it whatever core I'm in. I noticed something tonight with it going after ancient magic wipes that I save to send to a friend who collects them, I was walking a friends char and it was so damn aggressive at getting at them, from the closet, that I had to send them as a package fast, it was pretty funny.

Two other things, the first thing I went in and took out mention of brimstone stuff because my HP wasn't lowering at all, it was just the variable of the restores used, they're rarely the same amount and the abort started getting annoying.

The last thing: it was using them last for MP restores, here's an example, which meant it restored quite a bit more mp than had it used that first, which meant more items used mp lost.

Attempting to autoheal HP with Bale's hardcore recoveryScript.
AutoHeal if at 226HP, up to -> 282HP.
HP has been healed up to default levels. My work here is done.
Attempting to autoheal MP with Bale's hardcore recoveryScript.
AutoHeal if at 157MP, up to -> 184MP.
Current HP: 282, Current MP: 88... restoring MP! Target = 184
Using 1 carbonated soy milk...
You gain 75 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 carbonated soy milk.
Using 1 Knob Goblin seltzer...
You gain 8 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 Knob Goblin seltzer.
Using 1 black cherry soda...
You gain 11 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 black cherry soda.
Using 1 ancient Magi-Wipes...
You gain 56 hit points
You gain 60 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 ancient Magi-Wipes.
MP has been healed up to default levels. My work here is done.

Even with those it uses a lot less than with Mafia alone :) Helps me feel a bit better walking friends characters and leaving them in better shape restore wise :)

Thanks!

-OO

Bale

Minion
OH gosh dangit!

I see what happened there with the ancient magi-wipes and it's something I've been struggling with. They're chosen in aftercore if nothing else is in inventory since they're pretty cheap mp recovery. Looks like I made a little boo-boo. I know just what I did. Now I'll just have to figure out the best way to deal with the issue I created wile trying to avoid a different issue.

I'll put out a version 1.6.1 tomorrow to deal with that problem since it is troublesome.

[quote author=OlyveOyle link=topic=2029.msg11110#msg11110 date=1232016515]
Two other things, the first thing I went in and took out mention of brimstone stuff because my HP wasn't lowering at all, it was just the variable of the restores used, they're rarely the same amount and the abort started getting annoying.
[/quote]

That one surprises me. I didn't think it would trigger that easily since I didn't run into it in testing. I guess I'll have to remove that or something... Once again I'll include that in version 1.6.1

Thanks for the feedback. Look for an updated version tomorrow.

Bale

Minion
Sorry about the screwup on my previous release. I've just released version 1.6.1 which should fix those two new problems I caused. :(

Please let me know if you see any other problems or weird behaviors.

Bale

Minion
Dang stupid bugfix release! I must be getting clumsy since I've had to release a version 1.6.2 just to fix another bug that I created with version 1.6

Please update or else you'll wonder why it isn't using magical mystery juice or similar restoratives to recover mp.

OlyveOyle

My ditziness must be catchy, Bale ;)

No problem, just downloaded it.

Thanks for the update and checking on it :)

-OO

ironsting

[quote author=Bale link=topic=2029.msg10808#msg10808 date=1230705426]
Not to worry with that work-around. Jason just fixed the problem for us and now it should work the way you expected. This is part of the changelog on today's build:

Ain't it awesome how responsive the kolMafia developers can be?
[/quote]

Yes indeed.

I thought I saw somewhere that there would be a way to remove items from consideration. ie scented massage oil. Am I missing it?

Bale

Minion
[quote author=ironsting link=topic=2029.msg11158#msg11158 date=1232170425]
I thought I saw somewhere that there would be a way to remove items from consideration. ie scented massage oil. Am I missing it?
[/quote]

The way to remove items from consideration is to put them in the closet. Anything in your closet is safe.

Also, my script will reserve 4 red pixel potions for you to use against the shadow even if you don't put them in the closet. (It actually checks your closet and makes sure that between closet and inventory you have a total of 4 that it won't use.)

OlyveOyle

Closet isn't safe. I put ancient magic wipes in it tonight from the character I'm walking and when I checked a few minutes ago when I was logging out, they weren't there.

add to closet: 11 ancient Magi-Wipes
> Attempting to autoheal HP with Bale's hardcore recoveryScript.
> AutoHeal if at 235HP, up to -> 293HP.
> HP has been healed up to default levels. My work here is done.

take from closet: 1 ancient Magi-Wipes

use 1 ancient Magi-Wipes
You gain 58 hit points
You gain 51 Mojo Points
> MP has been healed up to default levels. My work here is done.

It goes on like that until all eleven are used up.

-OO

Bale

Minion
[quote author=OlyveOyle link=topic=2029.msg11200#msg11200 date=1232325281]
Closet isn't safe. I put ancient magic wipes in it tonight from the character I'm walking and when I checked a few minutes ago when I was logging out, they weren't there.

add to closet: 11 ancient Magi-Wipes
> AutoHeal if at 235HP, up to -> 293HP.

take from closet: 1 ancient Magi-Wipes

use 1 ancient Magi-Wipes
You gain 58 hit points
You gain 51 Mojo Points

It goes on like that until all eleven are used up.

-OO
[/quote]

First: If you're going to report a problem please do a proper copy-paste. You show that it goes from having finished healing to taking a magi-wipe out of the closet. You skipped something important! I can't figure out anything like that.

Second: Are you sure that is the latest (1.6.2)? That was an error with version 1.6 that shouldn't be possible anymore so please check the version number. It should be at the top of the file.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=OlyveOyle link=topic=2029.msg11202#msg11202 date=1232328526]
Going to send you the log file via pm :)

// Bale's hardcore recovery script v 1.6.2

-OO
[/quote]

DAngit! Thank you for the log. I'll whip that bug.

OlyveOyle

Took me awhile to be able to send the log, file was over 400k and had to try to get only to the last mention of the wipes, which was why I had abbreviated my post here :) Used PFE to do it faster, forms here had bogged when I tried to post the whole thing ;)

Thanks!

-OO

Bale

Minion
You didn't have to send the whole thing. I'd have been okay if you'd only sent me a enough of it to see the problem show up once or twice. However I really, really appreciate it.

I'm positive that I've finally squashed that darn bug. I gave it some serious testing and everything worked perfectly. Please try it out again. It should now use magi-wipes in inventory, purchase them only if you don't have any in your inventory and ignore any magi-wipes in your closet.

StormCrow42

I encountered an annoying behavior today, when the script used a scented massage oil in preference to a scroll of drastic healing to recover hp. I was out of Ronin at the time. I think, but am not positive, that I had a scroll in my inventory.

I've also seen it use partial restore items like gauze garters before then restoring for full with a drastic healing scroll.

Finally, I've occasionally seen the script seem to prefer visiting the Doc for restores over using medicinal herbs (for healing values that herbs would be significantly cheaper for).

Bale

Minion
[quote author=StormCrow42 link=topic=2029.msg11468#msg11468 date=1233270513]
I encountered an annoying behavior today, when the script used a scented massage oil in preference to a scroll of drastic healing to recover hp. I was out of Ronin at the time. I think, but am not positive, that I had a scroll in my inventory.

I've also seen it use partial restore items like gauze garters before then restoring for full with a drastic healing scroll.[/quote]

Those are all interesting feedback. I'm going to have to look into it. I can certainly imagine why it would use massage oil in preference to the scroll. It gives no preference to full heal items and the oil is first alphabetically. Considering the greater utility of scented massage oil I think it might be best to give preference to the scroll.

It shouldn't use partial restores before a drastic healing scroll since I have it specifically check to see if it can full restore with things like the garters before it decides to use the full healers. I'd appreciate if you could send me that part of your session log so that I can figure out why it did that. Your hp & healing target settings might tell me something. (That's why I always report them while healing.)

Finally, I've occasionally seen the script seem to prefer visiting the Doc for restores over using medicinal herbs (for healing values that herbs would be significantly cheaper for).

Keep in mind that it won't use Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs unless you have checked it in your healing preferences. (I wouldn't want everyone to be using up their spleen that way.) Assuming that you have actually set your healing preferences to use the herbs, I find it odd and once again I'd really love to see that part of your session log so I can fix it.

I'm uploading a new version of my script since I found a rather unfortunate bug that was making my healing much more expensive than it should have been for lower hit point totals. (It was sometimes using 3 Tongues of the Walrus instead of 1 Cannelloni Cocoon and I finally figured out why.)

I recommend that everyone upgrade to version 1.7

This won't fix StormCrow42's problem, but it really is better.

StormCrow42

[quote author=Bale link=topic=2029.msg11481#msg11481 date=1233284438]
Those are all interesting feedback. I'm going to have to look into it. I can certainly imagine why it would use massage oil in preference to the scroll. It gives no preference to full heal items and the oil is first alphabetically. Considering the greater utility of scented massage oil I think it might be best to give preference to the scroll. [/quote]

I'd say the best option here is to prefer non combat healing to combat healing. I figured that was the reason it happened, but I wasn't particularly happy at the time to be out such an expensive item.

It shouldn't use partial restores before a drastic healing scroll since I have it specifically check to see if it can full restore with things like the garters before it decides to use the full healers. I'd appreciate if you could send me that part of your session log so that I can figure out why it did that. Your hp & healing target settings might tell me something. (That's why I always report them while healing.)[/quote]

Here are a couple of examples.

> AutoHeal if at 143HP, up to -> 406HP.
> Current HP: 126, Current MP: 111... restoring HP! Target = 406

use 2 gauze garter
You gain 193 hit points

buy 30 scroll of drastic healing for 425 each from 1751517 on 20090129
You acquire scroll of drastic healing (30)

use 1 scroll of drastic healing
> Attempting to autoheal MP with Bale's hardcore recoveryScript.
> AutoHeal if at 49MP, up to -> 118MP.

> AutoHeal if at 146HP, up to -> 415HP.
> Current HP: 138, Current MP: 36... restoring HP! Target = 415

use 2 gauze garter
You gain 209 hit points

Use 2 palm frond
You acquire an item: palm-frond fan

use 1 palm-frond fan
You gain 43 hit points
You gain 42 Muscularity Points

use 1 scroll of drastic healing
> Attempting to autoheal MP with Bale's hardcore recoveryScript.
> AutoHeal if at 50MP, up to -> 121MP.

Keep in mind that it won't use Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs unless you have checked it in your healing preferences. (I wouldn't want everyone to be using up their spleen that way.) Assuming that you have actually set your healing preferences to use the herbs, I find it odd and once again I'd really love to see that part of your session log so I can fix it.[/quote]

Trying to remember which of my 3 accounts this happened on last and dig out a log for you. Will post it if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.