Recovery Script for Hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bale

Minion
Antidote does not cost 40 Meat any more. You've either got an outdated version of KoLmafia, or outdated data files from a previous use of the "update" command, that doesn't know that antidotes are now sold by Doc Galaktik.

Thanks for the pointer jason. You probably saved me some trouble by pointing this out right off the bat. We were corresponding in PM. He's updated his mafia and the problems went away.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether my farming recovery script is going to be an entirely different script or if the old script can simply add a few new subroutines. The logic for out-of-ronin recovery is entirely different since all decisions are based on mall_price() / ave healing so I cannot reuse as much code as you would think...

Bale

Minion
Version 1.99 Final has been released!

The script is going through a metamorphosis, so this is the final release of my "Hardcore Recovery Script." When I release the next version, my script will provide equal support to recovering in aftercore and out-of-ronin, rather than focusing primarily on hardcore/ronin recovery. My all-purpose recovery script will seamlessly switch from hoarding all recovery items to purchasing the best value of restoratives from the mall as soon as you break ronin or free the king.

Anyway, here's my final release of the hardcore-only recovery script. My "All-Purpose Recovery" script will probably be released soon.

Last edited:

datavortex

Anyway, here's my final release of the hardcore-only recovery script. My "All-Purpose Recovery" script will probably be released soon.

Very exciting! Looking forward to 2.0. Thanks for your hard work, it is a great script.

Bale

Minion
I'm really happy it has been useful to you. 2.0 is testing out pretty well right now. In hardcore mode it works exactly like you're used to, but in mallcore mode it is kinda cool to see it price out all the different methods of mp restoration and noting how it changes just slightly from day to day. So far I haven't seen the cost of restoring 20 MP be more than the price of a scroll of drastic healing, but it is really neat to know that my script is ready if that happens.

Anyway, after some debate in my own head I added a boolean variable to the script that will cause it to stay in hardcore mode (eschewing the mall) all the time if a user sets it to true. So, if someone really prefers to purchase their own restorers and have the script treat their inventory as more precious than meat, it can continue to act that way. If they leave the variable in its default setting, then it will switch over to mallcore mode as soon as the player gets the ability to access the mall by breaking ronin or freeing the king.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
The script has been dramatically overhauled and the term "hardcore" no longer applies. Even its name is being changed, so I am creating a new thread for my new release. You'll find my Universal Recovery Script 2.0 here.

All discussion and support of the Universal Recovery Script will be in that thread.

If you don't care about its new out-of-Ronin functionality, then you can cause the Universal Recovery script to continue behaving like the Hardcore Recovery Script by setting the mall variable to false. That backwards compatibility means that there is no reason to continue using this version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.