Chat Script & Compiling Issues

spozmo

I have been looking for what seems like a relatively simple script.

My processor will not support the only java compiling software I've found, so I can't write it myself (though I'd love to). All I need it to do is send me a pm from myself ever 14 minutes so that chat doesn't automatically shut down on me. I also need it to be compatible with kolmafia 10, rather than the current version.

Does anyone know of such a script or a simple compiler that would be more likely to work with my computer?

spozmo

Thanks for the idleoff tip.

Regarding the compiler, I tried JDK and it won't run for some reason. I've honestly only just begun looking for it. I'm an XP E-machine with an Intel Celeron M, which clocks in at just 900 mhz and has just under a gig of ram. I'm still looking around, but, being new to scripting, don't know what I'm looking for.

Sandiman

It's very strange that the JDK won't install properly on your system. XP is definitely supported by Sun; I'd try to troubleshoot the JDK installation with them.

jasonharper

Developer
On the other hand, the JDK has nothing whatsoever to do with writing scripts. You only need it if you want to modify KoLmafia itself, or run the absolute latest code without waiting for a daily build to be posted.

All you need to write KoLmafia scripts is a text editor. Even Windows Notepad will work if you've got nothing better.