Getting rid of multis log in info?

I had a few multis and now want nothing to do with them. I have deleted everything in my kolmafia with their names on it with their preferences but they still show up on my log-in list. What am I missing? It's not so much that it's a problem as it is I want to know what I'm missing so I can learn how to fix my little issues on my own :) When I go into my finder and search for "kolmafia" I get 5 different main folders and I'm pretty sure some of them are duplicates that need to be deleted but I have no idea what is safe to do :(

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hmmm. If you created a separate installation of KoLmafia for each multi, then the first step would be to delete each of those installations and delete references to them. That is not something I could be specific about without checking your system.

If they were all used from one installation then I would look for fiels the the multi's name in the data, sessions and settings sub-directories and delete the those files.

I would then edit settings/GLOBAL_preferences.txt, find preferences of teh form multiname dot something and delete them.

That's all I can think of, although I'm sure I have missed something.

That's what I've done so far, but if that's what you suggest as well then I will go through and do it a second time more thoroughly since I know that's the issue. I was just trying anything I could think of before so I will definitely get this 100% done and post back up tonight :)

Theraze

I believe it's GLOBAL_preferences where you need to clear them out of to make them not show up anymore.

Well I've been talking a lot to wrldwzrd89 in chat a lot and he's been helping me clean a lot of things up so once he has time and we're both logged on at the same time I'll see if he can help me clear out my 4 mafia folders. Once I get that done I'll come back to this because at this time everything looks right but there are so many places that it can hide because I struggled to learn how to install and use mafia at first I ended up jacking it all up :(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Don't do that. You just posted your password, whether you realized it or not. I deleted it from your message.

I suggest you change your password, ASAP.

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
Oh my. In case anyone doesn't understand what just happened, i_eat_food posted his entire global preferences. What he did not realize is that the preferences which start with "saveState." contain his password in an encoded form. It is not very good encoding and is easily broken since KoLmafia contains the full instructions to decoding it so that it can log in for you.

i_eat_food, just for lolz I decoded your password. I'm not going to use it, but you should really change it just in case someone else could see it.

Wow, ok posting passwords is unwise and apparently I did. Any guesses where mine came from Bale? I'll tell you if you want to know, it's nothing dirty lol.

Ok, weird story... I can log in to KOL from mafia like always and am in right now. I'm in ronin and nothing has been pulled from hagnks and nothing is missing from my account buuuuuuuuuuutttttt........ when I try to change my password it says my old password is incorrect. It auto-populates the old one but I've tried deleting it and using a few other passwords I had in the past just in case and none seem to work. What the hell?!? Also HUGE thanks for taking my password stuff down asap :D I owe you guys!

EDIT: I also checked my DC and my one Stuffed Hodgmen I keep is still there so Bale hasn't done anything wrong... yet. I have an alarm on my DC though and if you come near it I'll know...

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The login page has a link to reset your password, which should do just fine as long as you have access to the email account.

Bale

Minion
Ok, weird story... I can log in to KOL from mafia like always and am in right now. I'm in ronin and nothing has been pulled from hagnks and nothing is missing from my account buuuuuuuuuuutttttt........ when I try to change my password it says my old password is incorrect. It auto-populates the old one but I've tried deleting it and using a few other passwords I had in the past just in case and none seem to work. What the hell?!? Also HUGE thanks for taking my password stuff down asap :D I owe you guys!

EDIT: I also checked my DC and my one Stuffed Hodgmen I keep is still there so Bale hasn't done anything wrong... yet. I have an alarm on my DC though and if you come near it I'll know...

Maybe you were mis-remembering your KoL password. I'll send it to you privately.