Bug - Not A Bug Maximizing "surgeonosity" does not suggest half-size scalpel

I just discovered that maximizing for "surgeonosity" does not prompt me to equip the half-size scalpel.

• Yes, I do have a scalpel in inventory.
  • It suggests equip weapon black kettle drum (+0) instead.
  • It does suggest (+1) for the surgical apron, surgical mask, and head mirror. (No word on the bloodied surgical dungarees, because I haven't got 'em.)
  • Changing outfits before maximizing doesn't seem to matter. I get the same weapon suggestion no matter what I'm wearing.

EDIT: ... Actually, I think this maximization may be more generally borked. I got distracted by chat, and when I came back, I tried maximizing again. Now, with the half-size scalpel and surgical apron equipped, it's no longer suggesting the surgical mask. Or, it is, but it doesn't think it'll actually help - equip acc1 surgical mask (+0). It's no longer suggesting the head mirror at all - equip hat beer helmet (+0). And it's incorrect about my current score, which reads Current score: 1.00, when it should be 2.00. That's because I should have been maximizing for "5 surgeonosity"; this is intended behavior. See lostcalpolydude's post below.

Last edited:
I was editing while you were posting - sorry for the confusion! See my first post for more issues.

I'm on v16.2 r13525. When I have a second, I'll update and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: Updating to r13697 changes nothing; it performs exactly as described in my first post.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You want "5 surgeonosity" (in general). If you have at least 1 piece equipped, then you already meet the condition, and nothing else is needed. Your initial post was interesting, the edit was something I could have told you is intended behavior.

Ah, yep, user error on that one. I didn't notice that the corresponding clownosity/raveosity maximizations were 4 clownosity and 7 raveosity.

But yeah, there's still the original issue.

Theraze

Additionally if you maximize for -melee then it won't suggest the scalpel. But in your case, it was not a bug... you asked for [1] surgeonosity, you got it.