Feature - Rejected Fulfill from clan stash inoptimal for paste/stack

elpasi

Taking items from the clan stash whenever needed is a great choice to make if your karma allowance is high enough, if you don't change clan, blah, blah, I'm aware of all this stuff.

However, one thing I'm not sure about the intentional nature of is meat paste and meat stack stash retrieval. In the clan stash, they're twice as much as if you were to make them yourself. Therefore, I believe these two items should specifically be excluded from taking 'when needed' with stash, or at least it should try to make BEFORE trying the stash (in case my meat < 100, but karma >= 100).

A meat stack can be made for 100 meat. Alternatively, it is 100 karma, at 2 meat per karma, meaning it's 200 meat equivalent. For most other items, 2xAutosell is cheaper than mall acquisition, so it makes sense, but not for these.

Last edited:
Taking items from the clan stash whenever needed is a great choice to make if your karma allowance is high enough, if you don't change clan, blah, blah, I'm aware of all this stuff.

However, one thing I'm not sure about the intentional nature of is meat paste and meat stack stash retrieval. In the clan stash, they're twice as much as if you were to make them yourself. Therefore, I believe these two items should specifically be excluded from taking 'when needed' with stash, or at least it should try to make BEFORE trying the stash (in case my meat < 100, but karma >= 100).

A meat stack can be made for 100 meat. Alternatively, it is 100 karma, at 2 meat per karma, meaning it's 200 meat equivalent. For most other items, 2xAutosell is cheaper than mall acquisition, so it makes sense, but not for these.
This applies to dense meat stacks too.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The first step for bothering with this would be knowing whether you are karma restricted. I've never been in a clan where I cared about my karma. If I was, I doubt I would turn on clan stash use.

You can also throw meat items into the stash to get that karma back. I don't think this is worth implementing.

elpasi

I actually am limited. 3k karma/day right now. If I set off a load of crafting, perhaps some kind of clockwork, mafia will run off, pick up pastes and stacks for putting in tanks and suddenly I'm at 0 remaining for the day.

I suppose it's not horrible, though. It just feels inefficient, that's all.

elpasi

Buying meat paste from store

r13729

> make 3 blessed box

Verifying ingredients for blessed large box (3)...
Searching for "meat paste"...
Search complete.
Purchasing meat paste (3 @ 100)...
Purchases complete.
Verifying ingredients for ten-leaf clover (3)...
Creating ten-leaf clover (3)...
You acquire ten-leaf clover (3)
Successfully created ten-leaf clover (3)
Creating blessed large box (3)...
You acquire blessed large box (3)
Successfully created blessed large box (3)

I just tried again, in case it was a fluke:

> acquire meat paste

Searching for "meat paste"...
Search complete.
Purchasing meat paste (1 @ 100)...
Purchases complete.

> make meat paste

Creating 1 meat paste...
You acquire an item: meat paste
You lose 10 Meat
Successfully created meat paste (1)

Ah, damn it. This is just an extension of my clan pull issue. If it can't take any from the clan stash, it buys it. Never mind. Fulfilling things from the clan stash is definitely more annoying than I thought, so... I'll finally admit defeat and stop auto-fulfilling from stash. That has fixed this issue. Feel free to tag this a dupe or a wontfix or whatever.

Last edited: