Script Manager released - bugs and feature requests go here

roippi

Developer
Hey. I decided to split this off the script registry discussion thread to 1) gain more visibility for the Script Manager and 2) separate out the concerns - bugs against the Script Manager UI go here, ongoing discussion of what we're doing with the script registry JSON file goes there.

You can find the Script Manager at the top of the "Scripts" menu.

store_man_alpha.jpg

The Script Manager is meant to be the one place you go to when you want to manage SVN-installed scripts. Installing a new one? Go to the install tab > right-click install. Deleting one? Go to the manage tab > right-click delete.

For this "alpha" period of its release, let's keep things informal and put bug reports/feature requests directly related to the Script Manager in here. FWIW here is a list of planned features:

• search functionality on the install page edit: r13701
  • at-a-glance ability to see if scripts are updated on the manage page
  • ability to update one/all on the manage page edit: r13697
  • prune install list of already-installed scripts edit: r13690
  • right-click "go to forum thread" on both tabs edit: 13694

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. I alluded to a possible issue with scripts being both installed and available but that is not reproducible.

Window size might require some tweaking. I run on two computers and on the one with the least screen available the Script Manager windows was full screen and then some (and required some fiddling to get it to where I could actually re-size it). The gCLI status pane, normally at the bottom, initially took the entire window as well.

EdFox

Very cool. :)

A small feature request: Add the large box at the bottom of the Manage tab, as the Install tab, for long descriptions.

I have a lot installed and there are a number of scripts with only the project name in the Script Name column in the Manage tab--the other columns are blank--but it doesn't appear that they're missing from the registry file as they appear in the Install tab. I've pruned the list to remove those that don't appear in the Install tab as discussion in the other thread seems to indicate that's just because they're not in the file. I'm not sure but I may be confirming frono's installed and available issue.

almighty-saplings-ash-trunk-raidlogs
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-better_trainer-trunk
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-enhanced_inventory_spoilers-trunk
slimetube

roippi

Developer
If you have a script installed but it's not loading the associated metadata, it's because the the two repo urls don't match.

In the upper right hand corner of the "manage" table, click the little button and show the "repo" field. You'll need to hide some other fields / expand the repo field to see the whole thing. Do the same thing on the "install" tab for the script that matches. You'll see that the two URLs will differ slightly (likely, one starts with http: and the other with https:).

To quick fix on your end, you could delete the associated script and reinstall from the install tab.

I'm contemplating whether to add a fix in mafia to make equality checking looser, or if we should just tell people to delete/reinstall. Either way, the repo file URLs and the URLs that scripters post in their threads need to match.

Bale

Minion
Script Manager (r13693) didn't update with the new data I had added before rollover. So I quit mafia and deleted svnrepo.json then restarted mafia. KoLmafia did not download a new copy of svnrepo.json and the Script Manager was blank. :confused: I had to un-delete svnrepo.json in order to get the Script Manger to work again.

I think that little story exposes two or maybe three problems.

roippi

Developer
There is a global preference _svnRepoFileFetched that limits updates to 1 per day. Plan is to provide some button somewhere to force an update, but yeah. Working as intended.

(set it to false and restart if you need to pull an update immediately)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Ah. Thank you. I'm glad I have some way to force an update.

Been adding a good bit more to that file.

Bale

Minion
Thanks.

bug report: When choosing "opening forum thread" from the right-click menu, it ignores the browser path, unlike the way it opens the relay browser. This bug might only affect me, but I have more than one version of Opera on my system, so to ensure that the relay browser button opens the correct version, which isn't the same one set as the default browser on my system, I have the path as part of my choice of browser. For some reason, it is opening the forum thread in the wrong version of opera.

Was that at all clear?

I can't figure out how to refresh the Script Manager's installable scripts list. It's always blank for me and no amount of clicking will refresh it.

Bale

Minion
You could try set _svnRepoFileFetched = false and then exit mafia (not merely log out — exit), then restart mafia and log in.

I found a script manager bug affecting Linux and other non-OS X, non-Windows OSes. For some odd reason, the script manager wants its data file in the "data" folder inside $HOME, rather than the data subfolder of the KoLmafia data folder - $HOME/.kolmafia/data.

roippi

Developer
You could try set _svnRepoFileFetched = false and then exit mafia (not merely log out — exit), then restart mafia and log in.

You can do that via right-click context menu now (unless there's nothing to click on, in which case... hmm!).

I found a script manager bug affecting Linux and other non-OS X, non-Windows OSes. For some odd reason, the script manager wants its data file in the "data" folder inside $HOME, rather than the data subfolder of the KoLmafia data folder - $HOME/.kolmafia/data.

Oh. I see how that happened. Used the wrong constant.

I need to think about how to commit the fix for that so it breaks the least number of things.

Last edited:
So I ran into this problem recently, I had to do the "set _svnRepoFileFetched = false". Just as a note there was no right-click context menu when the issue was happening (a day or two ago).

roippi

Developer
Unsticking this, as script manager is pretty mature/stable now. New feature requests can go in bug reports forum.