Bug KoLmafia getting stuck in PENDING state - thread deadlock?

It happens randomly, sometimes before the breakfast script is done even - the symptom is that KoLmafia's interface is gray and won't let you do anything, no matter how many times you tell it to abort.

I've seen it happen:
  • While consuming
  • After an item is successfully used - such as a ten-leaf clover

EDIT: I started noticing this in the 2 most recent builds: r13682 and r13683. I have only tested on a Mac running Java 7u51, OS X version 10.9.1.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
If anyone else has encountered this bug, let us know. I have not seen it myself and I'd like to know if it is endemic to the current builds or it is something on wrldwzrd89's system.

If anyone else has encountered this bug, let us know. I have not seen it myself and I'd like to know if it is endemic to the current builds or it is something on wrldwzrd89's system.
I can let you know that Maharito (#1926231), who uses Windows as far as I know, is also affected by this.

Theraze

Do you build your own JAR files? For that matter, do you use JAR or DMG or something else? Besides the deadlocks, what else do you and Maharito have in common? Do you use the same custom script or scripts? Have you ever shared preference files because you liked the way the screen looked?

What we have, for debugging purposes, is two unconnected users on different operating systems who have the same problem. No debug logs, no specifics on how to replicate the lock up, no... well, much of anything useful in debugging it. :(

Anything you can contribute to making this not just a "my system needs to be wiped and reinstalled because it's messed up but please tell me something different" type of problem would be appreciated. :)

No, I don't build my own JARs - I use my own WarpX utility to fetch the latest JAR build. As for scripts, I do not know, and we don't share preferences either. I do know how to fire up a debugging session in Eclipse to troubleshoot this, though ;)