Bug - Won't Fix Papier equipment causes KoLmafia to not notice loss of Bowl of Scorpions

Razorsoup

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Acquire 1 bowl of scorpions
  2. Equip papier equipment (such as papier-mitre)
  3. Adventure in the hidden bowling alley until the drunk pygmy is encountered
  4. Bowl of Scorpions will be consumed but KoLmafia doesn't notice this so inventory is out of sync at this point

Here is one such sequence:
> ash item_amount($item[bowl of scorpions])

Returned: 1
Validating adventure sequence...

Visit to HiddenCity: The Hidden Bowling Alley in progress...

[3860] The Hidden Bowling Alley
Encounter: <u> <i>cheap</i> </u> pygmy
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Dropbox\Kingdom of Loathing\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Razorsoup wins initiative!
Round 1: Razorsoup wins the fight!
After Battle: Articbone surveys the scene from your back, and gains 1 Experience.
After Battle: Kaksea says, "the little dance that I am doing is symbolic of my sublimated desire for material goods," and winks at you.
You gain 5 Soulsauce

Visit to HiddenCity: The Hidden Bowling Alley in progress...

[3860] The Hidden Bowling Alley
Encounter: pygmy orderlies
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Dropbox\Kingdom of Loathing\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Razorsoup wins initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 1: Razorsoup executes a macro!
Round 1: Razorsoup casts POCKET CRUMBS!
Round 2: pygmy orderlies drops 24 attack power.
Round 2: pygmy orderlies drops 21 defense.
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with attack with your weapon.
Round 2: Razorsoup executes a macro!
Round 2: Razorsoup attacks!
Round 3: pygmy orderlies takes 178 damage.
Round 3: Articbone makes flirty kissy-faces at your opponents, who take 22 from heaving shudders.
Round 3: Razorsoup wins the fight!
After Battle: Articbone surveys the scene from your back, and gains 1 Experience.
After Battle: Kaksea says, "winking and dancing are primal, universal symbols for acquiring meat and items, respectively."
You gain 1050 Meat
You acquire an item: midriff scrubs
You gain 10 Muscleboundness
You gain 22 Mysteriousness
You gain 13 Sarcasm
You gain 2 Soulsauce

Returned: 1

> refresh inventory

Updating inventory...
Requests complete.

Returned: 0

This seems to be due to the fact that the papier-mitre's effect is replacing the word "drunk" in the pygmy's name with a different word.

Bale

Minion
This bug is not mysterious at all.

If you use a Staph of Homophones, Sword behind inappropriate prepositions or a Papier-mâché weapon you will have problems. This is well known and it would be overwhelmingly difficult to account for every possible word that could possibly be substituted by all of these three weapons.

Fix for this is not going to happen. If that troubles you please don't use any of those weapons.

Crowther

Add to that list the shruggable Just the Best Anapests. At least that doesn't make you look like an idiot in chat, just here reporting false bugs. ;)