Feature Ability to stock your shop directly from Hagnk's

I recently found that you can't easily script stocking your shop from Hagnk's. I assume this isn't a terribly common need, but for people who spend most of their time in-run, it could definitely be handy. And since Mafia can already do this from the Store Manager interface, I assume it wouldn't be a huge project to make that functionality available via script as well.

Maybe a new overloaded boolean put_shop( int price , int limit , item it , boolean fromHagnk's )?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
boolean put_shop( int price, int limit, int quantity, item it ) exists as a 4 parameter version of that function already. What you suggest could also be added, but is that really the function that people want?

boolean put_shop( int price, int limit, int quantity, item it ) exists as a 4 parameter version of that function already.
I honestly don't mean to come across as daft or hostile - what's the relevance of this? Can't we have more than one 4-parameter overload of a function?

That said, maybe 5-parameter would be better... boolean put_shop( int price , int limit , int quantity , item it , boolean fromHagnk's ) would let you stock more than 1 at a time without having to iterate. But I think that's a minor issue either way.

What you suggest could also be added, but is that really the function that people want?
Why wouldn't people want this new option? Am I missing some way to use the function you quoted to accomplish the same thing?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Your first post listed a 4-parameter function that you wanted. Now you've listed the 5-parameter version that obviously followed from my post. Those are two different functions. Maybe people would find a different 5-parameter version more useful, or a 6-parameter version even. That's why I made my post.

Ah, I see what you mean. When you said "Is that really the function that people want?" I thought you meant "Would people really want this functionality at all?" But really you were asking "What specific form would be best?"

Let's definitely get some more ideas on that.

Well, it doesn't look like there's a ton of controversy.

My vote goes to boolean put_shop( int price , int limit , int quantity , item it , boolean fromHagnk's )

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well, it doesn't look like there's a ton of controversy.

I don't care. Other than my unabated fear of scripts that use the two parameter form of buy in run and thus burn all available meat buying something that never appears in inventory, I tend to manage my shop manually or using whatever Bale uses in OCD. In particular, I tend not to even think about the shop in run. So this is not a function I expect to use. That said, the proposed signature passes all my personal tests for what could or should be in a library and be useful there.