CCS help needed

Hi people,

I modified the EoDSCAscend CCS like this to add support for the Stomping Boots and Happy Medium:
Code:
[ default ]
try to steal an item
try to steal an item
if hasskill release the boots
    skill release the boots
endif
if happymediumglow red
    skill siphon spirit
endif
attack with weapon

But as soon as the script started using the dictionary on the pirates I started getting this:

Mind control device already at 10
Putting on astral shirt...
Equipment changed.
Looking for Cap'm for the first time.
We are going to get 1 Cap'm Caronch's Map at Barrrney's Barrr.

betweenBattleScript @ Barrrney's Barrr

Visit to Island: Barrrney's Barrr in progress...

[242] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: toothy pirate
Strategy: D:\KolMafia\ccs\EoDMoxieAscend.ccs [default]
Round 0: Gnocchi Masala loses initiative!
Round 1: Gnocchi Masala uses the The Big Book of Pirate Insults!
Pirate insults known: 1 (0.00%)
You acquire an effect: Embarrassed (duration: 1 Adventure)
Round 2: Gnocchi Masala uses the The Big Book of Pirate Insults!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
You don't have enough null
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Removing the two conditionals returned everything to working.
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong please?

Winterbay

If you set debugMacro to true it'll print out the generated macro and you can use that to debug.

I finally manage to get back to this and when the error re-occurred I tried in turn:
set debugMacro
set debugMacro true
set debugMacro 1
After each set attempt I reran the code and re-obtained the error message but no extra debug information.
The entry for "set" in CLI Reference gives no hints and "debugMacro" is not listed in KoLmafia Properties.
Does anyone have any clues where this error message come from and what may trigger it?

Umm, people this advice I'm being given isn't working:

[1090] The Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: toilet papergeist
Strategy: D:\KolMafia\ccs\EoDMystPMAscend.ccs [default]
Round 0: Gnocchi Masala wins initiative!
Round 1: Agaricus produces a tubular red firecracker labeled M-45, lights the long fuse, and tosses it behind your opponent.
You don't have enough null
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

> get debugMacro

true

Absolutely no sign of any additional information. What should I have been seeing?

Winterbay

Well, you should've been seeing a KoL macro that Mafia generated. Try changing the names of the skills to the skill ID and see if that helps?

ereinion

It looks to me as if the combat macros executed isn't using the [ default ] strategy - in the first case it uses The Big Book of Pirate Insults (twice?), in the second it also tries to use an item, but can't find it... Check if there's something wrong in the macros for the respective areas or monsters, and if there is a section in the CCS called [ global prefix ], which may also contain errors?

Thanks for that Ereinion.
It is looking to me like there is a problem when EodSCAscend code tries to inject a consult script and then call ccs via return get_ccs_action(round); but I don't understand why.
The missing item in the second script may have been an attempt to use creepy ginger ale which kolwiki says is combat usable but which actually isn't. I have worked around the original problem by enumerating the barrr pirates in the ccs script but this problem happens only in specific locations during automated adventuring so it is hard to test.

From the MP Restorers page:

creepy ginger ale / Item / 35-45 / Always / Instant / Item Loss / None /

See that "Always"? It seems to be wrong for Nardz energy beverage as well.