Hot Dog Farmer

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As a side note, isn't that excessive for farming for the Jar? My understanding is that those Hot Dog non-combats either have the item option the first time you come across them, or they won't have it that day.

I didn't realize this was true, but since it is...

Anyone interested (in writing) a Hot Dog Farming script?

In broad terms the script would know what items were needed for the unlocks. Rev 1.0 would just adventure in each available area with an item until the choice was obtained and item received or not. Rev 1.5 would tell you which items you could not obtain (with the current character) because areas were closed. Rev 1.7 would also allow the option to farm for the items needed to make the dogs, choosing which to farm based upon some user defined criteria. Rev 1.9 would have a nominal cost per adventure and make some kind of informed comparison between items and mall prices. Rev 2.0, which would depend upon KoLmafia support that probably would never happen because it is pretty niche, would try and track when the various choices were last seen so that any player who burns 100% of a day's turns with only KoLmafia would never adventure looking for an item that was guaranteed not to drop today.

If someone else writes this, I'd love to use it. I'd consider collaborating if there is interest. Otherwise we can just listen to the crickets as this drops into the well of "It Seemed Like a Good Idea At The Time".