EoD Softcore Ascension Script

At that point no, but everything in that copy/past was hands off, all done by the script and right after completing the eatdrink.ash it did this before adventuring:

sending me over the limit. And won't advance to day 2.
I'm going to complete the ascension this weekend and try it with a fresh start, but it did do this on 2 accounts I tried it on.
I'll turn up the verbosity when I get a fresh start in case this is some other setting in my mafia causing this.

Alright, the problem was on Day 1 it handles eating/drinking differently than all the other days. I made it so it won't drink/eat things if you are not in ronin. It should work fine now. If you want to give it a third try make sure it says #1.01 at the top of the Day 1 script like so
Code:
# -- CHANGELOG --
# 1.00: Initial release
# 1.01: Improved for casual runs

@Patochaos: That is interesting. Are you not in ronin? Or did you change any of the item properties?

patochaos

I'm in ronin, didn't change anything.
I'll try day 4 tomorrow again, and let you know what's going on.

If you need any more info let me know.

patochaos

Here you go

Script today went crazy and stopped becuase I didnt have the hippie war fatigues. So i gathered them manually, then it started working ok, and just went crazy here:
[857] McMillicancuddy's Pond
Encounter: figure-skating duck
Strategy: F:\Juegos\kolmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: patochaos loses initiative!
You lose 73 hit points

And it repeated it without stop till it ran out of adventures. It also never tried to eat or drink.
I guess the ML was too high and I was getting destroyed by the ducks,

Here you go with some sessions, unless Im confused you have 2nd, 3rd and 4th day

View attachment patochaos_20140204.txt
View attachment patochaos_20140205.txt
View attachment patochaos_20140206.txt

So, it seems like some of the problems you have been having stem from the fact you took astral hot dogs. I used those when I first started making the script and have since moved too astral energy drinks. So, the items pulled for the for hotdogs are kinda weak in comparison.

The other problems, like the reason it has stopped eating/drinking, is you didn't have the items it wanted in storage and you have ran out of mall meat. It is also explains why you didn't end up with a lot of the items needed to complete quests. In the future, if you want to avoid that problem you can run the ascension checklist script which will then buy everything beforehand. Also, I would recommend taking the spleen item :)

The duck thing however is a problem with my script. I will have to figure out how to fix it so it doesn't waste adventures x)

Last edited:

MenaceTheGreat

Alright, the problem was on Day 1 it handles eating/drinking differently than all the other days. I made it so it won't drink/eat things if you are not in ronin. It should work fine now. If you want to give it a third try make sure it says #1.01 at the top of the Day 1 script like so
Code:
# -- CHANGELOG --
# 1.00: Initial release
# 1.01: Improved for casual runs
ok, so I just finished manually yesterday for a fresh start.
Since you weren't really creating this for casual runs, I shouldn't expect you to keep changing it for one unless you decide to support it in the future ;)
So from here on out, I'll be running it from the start as an AT.

1st thing I ran into was that it required: cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics");
I don't have many permed skills on the account yet and started perming AT buffs when I started it, so I went ahead and commented out that, and re ran the script.
Everything was going great untill it again drank me drunk with 66 adv left :(
Maximizing...
4 combinations checked, best score 132.50
We are now level 6.
(usable quantity of Mae West (6) is limited to 1 by inebriety)
Drinking 1 Mae West...
You gain 18 Adventures
You gain 52 Chutzpah
You gain 4 Drunkenness
Finished drinking 1 Mae West.
(usable quantity of milk of magnesium (2) is limited to 0 by remaining fullness)
(usable quantity of spooky lo mein (4) is limited to 0 by fullness)
(usable quantity of Jarlsberg's key lime pie (2) is limited to 0 by fullness)
You are not a disco bandit or already have the skill
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Angry Jung Man' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Blavious Kloop' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Green Pixie' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Hippo Ballerina' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Dancing Frog' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Piano Cat' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=13
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=14
Checking for familiar 'Gelatinous Cubeling' where x=15
Checking for familiar 'Obtuse Angel' where x=16
Checking for familiar 'Dandy Lion' where x=17
Checking for familiar 'Crimbo Elf' where x=18
Checking for familiar 'Frozen Gravy Fairy' where x=19
Checking for familiar 'Spooky Gravy Fairy' where x=20
Checking for familiar 'Flaming Gravy Fairy' where x=21
Checking for familiar 'Sleazy Gravy Fairy' where x=22
Checking for familiar 'Stinky Gravy Fairy' where x=23
Putting Tofflesby the Leprechaun back into terrarium...
Taking Tofflesby the Stinky Gravy Fairy out of terrarium...
Doing the Friar's Quest
Maximizing...
4 combinations checked, best score 367.54
We are going to get 1 eldritch butterknife at The Dark Elbow of the Woods.
You are too drunk to continue.
Maximizing...
We are going to get 1 box of birthday candles at The Dark Heart of the Woods.
Maximizing...
We are going to get 1 dodecagram at The Dark Neck of the Woods.
Friar's Quest is complete.
We have finished the Friar's Quest.
Something went wrong with getting steel liver

Well, it should work fine with casual runs. Only problem is it isn't optimized for them but overall the adventuring is essentially the same.

As for this problem, I am not too sure what happened. If you could attach the session log for this day I could try to figure it out. Did you change any of the item pulls? I am assuming you are in ronin? And, what astral consumption item did you take?

I will add in some more checks to prevent this. Your guy seems to love over drinking tho :p

MenaceTheGreat

As for pull changes, The script broke after eat drink could not fill my spleen, so I bought/pulled some items and used them to fill spleen before it would let me continue.
If that's the issue, maybe I should bring it up in the eatdrink.ash thread, seems it has done this to both my accounts for 2 days, even when running it solo. :/
But I assumed it would be corrected soon since it's kept pretty up to date with any changes.
Session log attached.

Attachments

• menacethebot_20140207.txt
    85.8 KB · Views: 165

Theraze

If that's the issue, maybe I should bring it up in the eatdrink.ash thread, seems it has done this to both my accounts for 2 days, even when running it solo. :/

Nope, don't do that. It's definitely this script accidentally overdrinking you, since it's AFTER the final summary of ED. If it was actually ED overdrinking you, then it would happen before the summary.

Edit:
It's rather obvious when you look what the problem is.
Code:
	if (i_a("tube of cranberry Go-Goo") > 0 && !can_interact())
		eatsilent(i_a("tube of cranberry Go-Goo"), $item[tube of cranberry Go-Goo]);
Code:
	//Level 4 Item Use
	if (i_a("glimmering roc feather") > 0 && !can_interact()) 
		use(i_a("glimmering roc feather"), $item[glimmering roc feather]);
	if (i_a("slippery knob") > 0 && !can_interact())
		drink(i_a("slippery knob"), $item[slippery knob]);
Note that the script tries to eat as many tubes of cranberry goo as possible every time you run it. And then, after you get to level 4, tries to drink as many slippery knobs and use as many glimmering roc feathers as possible. It's not making ANY sort of check for what constitutes overdrunk, it simply hopes that it won't go there.

Edit2:
Same thing happens at level 6.
Code:
	//Level 6 Item Use
	if (i_a("mae west") > 0 && !can_interact())
		drink(i_a("mae west"), $item[mae west] );

Last edited:
I don't think it is eatdrinks fault. Mostly likely mine or yours. It seems you ran out of adventures so you ran eatdrink which then gave you some drunkeness and then you re-ran my script which tried to drink more xD. Seems mostly a failure on my part for not putting in checks. Also, are you running it on a Class Act II?

Anyways, the script is kinda off balance as of now. If I was you, I would finish up day one by hand, get the steel liver and end the day there. Then the next day, I would run the second day script. This should put it back on track and prevent any more mishaps. The alternative is to re-run Day 1 but I think it will get stuck trying to do a bunch of initial day one things so that probably won't work well unless you comment some stuff out. Either way, I need to have better checks before drinking things.

P.S. If it ever complains about the Ascend Day being wrong, you can change it manually by typing the following into the CLI command line
Code:
ash set_property("EoD_Ascend_Day", #) (where # is whatever day you want to set it too)

Theraze

Suggestion for how to do the checks:
Code:
if (inebriety_limit() - my_inebriety() >= $item[slippery knob].inebriety && i_a("slippery knob") > 0) drink(min(i_a("slippery knob"), floor((inebriety_limit() - my_inebriety()) / $item[slippery knob].inebriety)), $item[slippery knob]);

If we have enough room to drink another slippery knob and we have at least 1 available, drink as many as we have available that will not overdrink us.

Theraze

I just didn't see a need to do them there.

Anytime you're drinking, you need to make sure you aren't overdrinking. Since you can't overeat, that isn't an issue, but some users running Casual or SC who have milk available will still get warnings and may abort if you get them milked up manually first. It's part of the fun of managing consumption on people who aren't you. :) You never know what settings or items they may have that cause problems.

patochaos

Indeed seems I completely forgot about the checklist. I'll manually complete the ascension, and do the checklist before ascending.
Then I'll report again

I just completed a 4 day run today ... no problems (from EoDSCAscend at least ). I didn't try and include any other equipment.

I've made a start on a simple relay pull plan editor but it is a steep learning curve.

@Patochaos: Sounds good. I hope your next one goes better.

@Gnocchi Masala: That is great to hear! Yeah, I need to figure out how to better implement the items. After I finish my AT run through, I am going to start looking at the relay thing too and see if I can't figure something out.

And on that note, the script officially supports day 1 for ATs. Enjoy! The next 3 days will be implemented as I go through them. If anyone runs into problems please let me know, thanks!

Hi EoD, I've just completed AT day 2. and I ran into a couple of small problems.
I don't have the legendary regalia for anything other than DB. So the program tries to buy and pull the items except that they are not buyable.
This hasn't been a huge problem so far except that in safecheck the fourth and fifth checks do not test to see if you have the default accessories available. It might be safer to set these to none if they cant be pulled.
The other issue is song management. A couple of times the script has failed because too many AT buff songs are active. Once when trying to use Ode to Booze and the other when trying to use Cantata of Confrontation when Sonata of Sneakiness and several others were still active. It looked like you were expecting CoC to automatically cancel SoS.
Also AT's get no bonus from the chintzy disco ball pendant ... they need the chintzy accordion pin.
Other than that well done!

Last edited:
Hey Gnoochi,

I have actually fixed all of those except the last one, thanks for reminding me that AT's use a different chintzy item. x)

As for the default item thing, I am thinking of a way to have it auto assign default items if it does not find the default item you have listed.

Lastly, I am sorry to hear about the buff thing. I think I have hammered them out too but a case or two might have slipped past me.

Last edited:
Day 3 AT

The problem with the buffs may have been due to the fact that the missing AT legendary accessory allows an extra song to be used.

Today I bit the bullet and tried an experiment with safecheck. This is a what I used:

Code:
boolean safecheck(string monstername) {
	if (do_not_safe_check)
		return true;
	cli_execute("mood execute");
	cli_execute("mcd 10");
	if (my_path() == "Class Act II: A Class For Pigs" && !have_equipped($item[UV-resistant compass]) && weapon_hands(equipped_item($slot[weapon])) == 1)
		cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +offhand");

if (have_equipped($item[buoybottoms]) )
		cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +pants");

//First Check -- Check offhand
	if (monster_attack(to_monster(monstername))+10 > my_buffedstat(my_primestat())) {
		if ( !have_equipped($item[UV-resistant compass]) && weapon_hands(equipped_item($slot[weapon])) == 1)
			cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +offhand");
	}

//Second Check
	if (monster_attack(to_monster(monstername))+10 > my_buffedstat(my_primestat())) {
		cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +shirt");
	}
	//Third Check
		if (!have_equipped(to_item(default_shirt))) {
			if (have_equipped($item[metal band t-shirt])) {
				cli_execute("unequip metal band t-shirt");
				cli_execute("mcd 10");
			}
			else if (have_equipped($item[cane-mail shirt])) {
				cli_execute("unequip cane-mail shirt");
				cli_execute("mcd 10");
			}
		}
		else cli_execute("mcd 0");
	}
	//Fourth Check
		if (have_equipped(to_item(default_ml_acc1))) {
			if ( equipped_item($slot[acc1]) == to_item(default_ml_acc1) )
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc1");
			else if (equipped_item($slot[acc2]) == to_item(default_ml_acc1))
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc2");
			else if (equipped_item($slot[acc3]) == to_item(default_ml_acc1))
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc3");
		}
		cli_execute("mcd 10");
	}

//Fifth Check
		if (have_equipped(to_item(default_ml_acc2))) {
			if (equipped_item($slot[acc1]) == to_item(default_ml_acc2))
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc1");
			else if (equipped_item($slot[acc2]) == to_item(default_ml_acc2))
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc2");
			else if (equipped_item($slot[acc3]) == to_item(default_ml_acc2))
				cli_execute("maximize +moxie, -ML, +acc3");
		}
	}
	//Sixth Check
	if (monster_attack(to_monster(monstername))+10 > my_buffedstat(my_primestat()))
		cli_execute("mcd 0");

//Final Check
		if (do_not_abort_on_safe_check_fail)
			print("You need more Moxie for this area but we will attempt it anyway since you have aborting off.", "red");
		else
			abort("You need more Moxie for this area. Figure it out please.");
	}
	return true;
}

The modification worked well through day 3 with no problem.
My only minor issue was I received 21 adventures from the Fog Murderer nightcap leaving me drunk with 158 adventures. You probably want to set the threshold to spend some adventure a little lower.

No, it wasn't shrugging them before activating the next buff so I fixed that. Hopefully it doesn't do it anymore x).

As for the safecheck change, that looks pretty good. I think I will add that for the case where you do not have the default item. Thanks :).

Yeah, AT is getting way more adventures. I need to add more things for the people to do if over adventures.