New Content - Implemented Familiars of the Year

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That store is whichshop=rumple, items are in the order shown here, and whichrow entries are:

It won't be a coinmaster with 6 different crafting ingredients.

Bale

Minion
Missing location: adventure.php?snarfblat=381

Ah, Portal to Terrible Parents! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!

Yendor

mulberry + boxed wine gives:
--------------------
7119 mulled berry wine 922856680 coffeecup.gif drink t,d 57
mulled berry wine 5 7 awesome 0 0 0 0
mulled berry wine Effect: "Sweet Nostalgia", Effect Duration: 30
--------------------
--------------------
1510 Sweet Nostalgia calendar.gif ad2380f472379aff4801da2dd9d1d30f drink 1 mulled berry wine
Sweet Nostalgia Candy Drop: +20
--------------------

Ye Olde Medievale Villagee has a semirare: Clay Is Great, But Leather Is Bether

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r13630 added Solid Gold Rosary support, somehow forgot to include mentioning this when committing it.

Yendor

Using a crappy camera in combat (against a copyable monster) gives:
--------------------
7176 shaking crappy camera 708139348 camera.gif usable q 0
# shaking crappy camera
--------------------

This appears to work like the 4-d camera, in that you can only use the shaking crappy camera once a day. You can use both the shaking 4-d and shaking crappy cameras in a day. Also, I got this message in the log:
Round 1: yendor uses the crappy camera!
Round 2: alien hamsterpus photographed for Yearbook Club

Darzil

Developer
Not sure why this is marked implemented? There may be other things, but certainly there is no whichshop=rumple implemented yet.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not sure why this is marked implemented? There may be other things, but certainly there is no whichshop=rumple implemented yet.

Feel free to change that stuff (thread labels).

Also, it seems that opening up a new mask removes clay and other ingredients from your inventory.

Darzil

Developer
r13672. I think the Rumpelstiltskin zone is done now, other than adding new messages for rescuing kids if the wiki isn't complete and thus some aren't parsed. I guess it's possible once all the messages for parents are known it may be possible to write detailed spoilers with chance of success for each offering, and the gain from it.

Darzil

Developer
r13673. Added Cinderella zone tracking, and tracking of which Grimstone zone is currently open, though this only totally works for Cinderella and Rumpelstiltskin so far. With far more spading maybe some complicated spoilers could be written, but that's not any time soon!

Bale

Minion
Spoilers for Rumpelstiltskin would be nice. It's been pretty much spaded on the forum.

Looking through the portal will display 3 messages. Two for one parent and the third is for the other. Document with all messages here. The tricky part is that a message like, "cutting a huge piece of cake to eat alone" could be either Greed or Gluttony. It does not indicate both so there is a 50/50 chance of each. Other messages like "studying a treasure map" indicate only one sin so that is definite.

It would be nice if when you talk to Father/Mother/Both there was a spoiler indicating the chance of each sin being the correct answer. It's obvious for Father/Mother, but trickier for Both. The trick is that for talking to both parents, the sins are calculated separately from the individual parents. To explain how it works for Both parents it is helpful to have an example:

ParentMessagesIndicated Sins
Fatherwriting a contract to make a high-interest loanGreed & Greed
Fatherchecking his reflection in a spoonGluttony & Vanity
Mothershining a golden chalice to a reflective finishGreed & Vanity

Father's Sins: Greed (100%), Gluttony (50%), Vanity(50%) -- Father is definitely Greedy, but he is also either Gluttonous or Vain.
Mother's Sins: Greed (50%), Vanity (50%) -- Only one sin is valid
Both: Greed (50%), Vanity (33%), Gluttony (17%) -- Only one sin is valid

For both parents, the chance of a sin appearing is the number of times each sin is named divided by total number of sins.
It is possible for the Father to be Greedy and Gluttonous, the Mother to be Greedy, but when talking to Both together the correct answer can be Vanity.

Last edited:

Crowther

Interesting. I'm surprised that something that doesn't appear for one at all can be valid for both.
Yeah, that's a bit odd. I believe it's even possible for both parents to accept a sin individually, but for them not to accept it together. People are such hypocrites!

Bale, has the both parent percents been spaded? I've heard a hypothesis different from yours, but I believe yours is most likely correct. Some have said that Greed would be no more likely than Gluttony for both parents in your example. I don't have enough stats to compute that, but KoL usually takes the path of least coding resistance and eliminating dups requires more code.

When parsing these you have to worry about gender differences. But it's entirely "his" vs "her", so it isn't too rough.

BTW, check out today's leader board. I figured I'd better get my spinning wheel before everyone figures it out.