Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide

Can guide display a big red warning to warn against adventuring in the hidden office if you have all 5 McClusky files and the binder clip, but not the complete file? (like the warning about the compass in the desert) I'm dumb on occasion.

Can guide display a big red warning to warn against adventuring in the hidden office if you have all 5 McClusky files and the binder clip, but not the complete file? (like the warning about the compass in the desert) I'm dumb on occasion.
    Originally Posted by PartyBasher View Post
    I thought mafia automatically uses the binder clip the moment you have all the files and the binder clip without any user input.
    Must be something about my automation settings that is doing it... I looked through the settings but I can't quite tell what. Maybe after adventure / before adventure default scripts?

I would guess the prefref autoQuest, though I have that one turned off (for other reasons) and mafia still seems to do it for me.

I would guess the prefref autoQuest, though I have that one turned off (for other reasons) and mafia still seems to do it for me.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    autoCraft

and there are people who keep it turned off for various reasons.

If, for example, autoCraft is on and a script explicitly tries to make an autocraftable item a null pointer error may occur. See http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?22487-Tailsman for example.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

The guide incorrectly classifies http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/...ka-dot_bow_tie
    as having 2 clownosity when in fact it has 3 clownosity.

autoCraft

and there are people who keep it turned off for various reasons.

If, for example, autoCraft is on and a script explicitly tries to make an autocraftable item a null pointer error may occur. See http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?22487-Tailsman for example.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    thank you for the information.

Hi, Ezandora, thanks so much for your great work.

I've been doing some Ed runs, and I noticed that the guide recommends that I buy black paint from the black market, but I'm pretty sure Ed runs do not benefit from black paint for the level 11 quest. I have submitted a pull request on github with a change that the black paint suggestion won't show for Ed runs. I'm posting here in case you don't monitor github very much and for other forum members to correct me if I am wrong; also maybe other paths that I am unfamiliar with should be added.

Suggestion: On Resources tab in the guide, show unspent fortune teller readings. (3 for clansmates to get prizes, and 1 for NPC to get a powerful 100 turn buff)

That's intentional, because it only costs meat to save 1 turn every 30 turns. Doesn't matter if you have something worth banishing, it's at least a free runaway.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    This might be less true for those of us that are in Ronin or HC(O)? Especially early in the run, I might not have the means to cast Bumper every 30 turns (for 50 fuel). On a normal day 1 (Lets say 180 turns), that amounts to 250 fuel, which is a lot of sodabread

Loving the Guide though. Great help for the returning player, and has definitely helped me shorten my runs.

This might be less true for those of us that are in Ronin or HC(O)? Especially early in the run, I might not have the means to cast Bumper every 30 turns (for 50 fuel). On a normal day 1 (Lets say 180 turns), that amounts to 250 fuel, which is a lot of sodabread
    Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    Luckily it's a reminder (to take advantage of as soon as you have the meat available) rather than something that automatically happens.

Luckily it's a reminder (to take advantage of as soon as you have the meat available) rather than something that automatically happens.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I am aware, but it's one of the only reminders (other than fortune cookie and Oasis) that floats to the top like that. Still, not complaining just thought that it was out of the norm for Guide.

Also, for the Asdon noobs: The reminder could also remind me about soda bread