Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide

Hi, until very recently your guide strip has been working on my chrome browser, but when I tried clicking update script it suddenly stopped working and was replaced with a blank screen. Currently using it in my chrome browser and I removed the script and re-added it and nothing changed.
    Originally Posted by werewolfman2 View Post
    Is there a message in the CLI when you try running it? My first guess is that there's an error message, and my first guess about the cause would be that you need a newer version of mafia.

Is there a message in the CLI when you try running it? My first guess is that there's an error message, and my first guess about the cause would be that you need a newer version of mafia.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Thanks! I'll definitely try the newer version and see if that fixes my issues.

thanks that fixed everythign I've been running version 16.3 for eons... there are scripts on here that I thought didn't work and now i can see, I literally have to get use to a new interface- thanks for the quick fix

actually I have one last issue, after unzipping the file I couldn't for the life of me find a application file to use (mainly so I can make a shortcut) and have just been running it through the .jar file

actually I have one last issue, after unzipping the file I couldn't for the life of me find a application file to use (mainly so I can make a shortcut) and have just been running it through the .jar file
    Originally Posted by werewolfman2 View Post
    You are just supposed to run the .jar file. No idea why Windows changed to not allow .jar files to be pinned. Here is a random google result that might help with that. However, if you're updating the .jar regularly (probably at least for each new IotM or challenge path) then you'll need to change the target, or possibly just rename the .jar after you download it each time.

To make a shortcut, create your javaw -jar <filename> batch file and then pin that.

Or just pin the auto-update download executable. That works too.

Thanks that seems to have solved my last issue with the changes to mafia, thanks for all the help!

Something that seems off or unclear:

Once the Ground Floor of the Castle is unlocked, the guide advises that you "Avoid skipping NCs... exactly once each, to make the knife appear faster."

Does this mean that you avoid the NCs once each? You skip them exactly once each? It's hard to parse, and I'm not sure what it's imploring me to do.

Developer

You want to add as many unique NCs to the noncombat queue as you can, to increase your chances of getting the electric boning knife. Skipping a noncombat does not add it to the queue. Thus, take each NC the first time you see it, then skip it subsequent times.

Request:

can you add the "X% chance of getting the jump" hint to the Digitize thinger, when a Source Agent is digitized?
    and/or make it always appear in the Source Agent thinger during Source runs even when green bits haven't started falling yet?