Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide

This all sounds correct, and aligns with my anecdotal recall of experiences. So number of keys needed is MAX 4 per Daily dungeon. With the ring, it could be less (skipping 4 rooms).
    So total keys currently needed for safe passage would be: (3 - # of DD keys or tokens [or maybe KL pies] ) * 4

Plus the 1 you need for the tower.

I think that the conclusion of this is that it's a very good idea to spend an extra 3 combats with the cubeling to get the lockpicks, even if you have 9 skeleton keys.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Found an oversight, you don't list the lianas in the Massive Ziggurat until the player is ready to kill the boss.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Small issue: I've got a createable Staff of Ed, so the Guide thinks it is time to spin the pyramid three times. It is not time yet. First I need to open the pyramid.
    Good idea. Done.

Perhaps someone might want to look at a responsive CSS layout, using @media tags, based on width, to create a more optimised layout when in a narrower column
    Originally Posted by matt.chugg View Post
    Complicated, but a very good point. I'll look into it.

Use "modtrace rest" to see what all of the relevant values are that mafia tracks, and numeric_modifier( "base resting hp" ) and so on to retrieve those values.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Ah, thanks. Added some code for that, but it turns out resting is a complicated formula. For instance, gauze hammocks are applied after other bonuses, I think? Need more information.

A few things I noticed as I try this out:

Bring along the gelatinous cubeling - Acquire Pick-O-Matic lockpicks to speed up the daily dungeon
    This is not necessary because I have lots of skeleton keys (9 in inventory). Maybe Guide should mention this as an option.

The Fancy hot dog edible section gives fullness only for the Optimal Dog - I would be nice to have this info for all the dogs. And to provide a link to the hot dog stand maybe.

I am at the very end of my run, but I will use this more for my next one!
    Originally Posted by ckb View Post
    Fancy hot dog section needed improvement - I think it should be better? Thanks for pointing that out.

As for that scenario, it's true that you can use skeleton keys instead. But there's always a risk you'll forget about that last one breaking, and then you'll need to backfarm in the misspelled cemetary. Not sure if it's a good idea to drop the reminder.
    I did add a warning if you go below three available skeleton keys, have no lockpicks, and are in the daily dungeon.

Any chance of including The Sea in the list of optional quests?
    Originally Posted by rlbond86 View Post
    It should show up in aftercore, after you spend a turn in the sea. No support for mom, though, sorry.
    It won't in-run, though. I suppose I should change that, if you start it yourself?
    A lot of quests aren't suggested in-run, because they don't contribute towards prism-breaking. But not everyone plays that way...

Developer

I think that the conclusion of this is that it's a very good idea to spend an extra 3 combats with the cubeling to get the lockpicks, even if you have 9 skeleton keys.
    Personally if I have 7+ keys and am doing 3 dungeons I don't run the extra turns with Cubeling unless I get down to one key without having completed the dungeons. Generally I'll be doing it during the War when I usually need a specific familiar.

If you have the ornate dowsing rod equipped & are ultra-hydrated, you get 3% exploration per combat. Can this be reflected in the Guide?

Also, the Guide wants me to banish "drum pygmys". That should be "drunk pygmies".
    Last edited by digitrev; 01-24-2014 at 12:13 PM.

If you have the ornate dowsing rod equipped & are ultra-hydrated, you get 3% exploration per combat. Can this be reflected in the Guide?
    Originally Posted by digitrev View Post
    That would be hard without mafia knowing about the item. Adding it to mafia is hard since the itemId seems to not be available anywhere. Perhaps you can post that in this thread (mafia should be printing out a block about an unrecognized item every time you log in to a new session, you can just copy-paste that).

That would be hard without mafia knowing about the item. Adding it to mafia is hard since the itemId seems to not be available anywhere. Perhaps you can post that in this thread (mafia should be printing out a block about an unrecognized item every time you log in to a new session, you can just copy-paste that).
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know where to grab the "unknown item" data from.

That info is also recorded in your session log, so you can get it any time you want, even after you have closed KoLmafia.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Developer

Personally if I have 7+ keys and am doing 3 dungeons I don't run the extra turns with Cubeling unless I get down to one key without having completed the dungeons. Generally I'll be doing it during the War when I usually need a specific familiar.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    I like doing daily dungeon day 1. I don't like doing Defiled Nook day 1.