Guide

Magus_Prime

Whereas for me it fails the same on two different computers, with both Firefox and Chrome, with any version of KoLmafia > r15471. Here is what lostcalpolydude wrote in the bug report thread:

Guide has some behavior where it only does that if you have default frame sizes. Resize them at all and it doesn't work. I think Ezandora will finally have to change that part of her script.

Guide works as expected if I use r15471.

Magus_Prime

r15474 is when I noticed the problem and started stepping back versions. With r15471 it works but for all later versions it doesn't.

If there's anything in particular I should be looking for in the web requests or the page source I'm happy to oblige.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Ezandora has said that the code for determining whether to load in the side frame is fragile, so I'm not surprised that loading with non-default frame sizes interferes with Guide.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Go to the "options"page
Look at the "Interface" tab
Is "Remember the size of the character pane and chat" checked?
If so, uncheck it, close the Relay Browser, and reopen it.
Report back here.

Theraze

Alternatively, Bale offered up this game.ash relay override a while ago:
Code:
void main() {
   visit_url().replace_string('<frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame>'
      , '<frameset id=center cols="*,319"><frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame><frame name=guide src="relay_guide.ash"></frame></frameset>')
      .writeln();
}
It adds the Guide window between the main panel and the chat/gCLI without removing the right chat/gCLI, and it works even with the "Remember the size" option checked.

Lxndr

I'm one of thoe weirdos who prefers his chat in the main mafia app window. I appreciate the chat/gcli window being useful for something.

That said, is there a way i could automatically put Guide in there during EVERY invocation of the relay browser?

Bale

Minion
Yes. Copy/paste the following to a file named game.ash and save it in the /relay directory

Code:
buffer replace_chat_with_Guide(buffer page) {
	return page.replace_string('<frame name=chatpane src="chatlaunch.php"></frame>', 
		'<frame name=guide src="relay_guide.ash"></frame>');
}

void main() {
	visit_url().replace_chat_with_Guide().writeln();
}

Last edited:

Lxndr

Yes. Copy/paste the following to a file named game.ash and save it in the /relay directory

Code:
	return page.replace_string('<frame name=chatpane src="chatlaunch.php"></frame>', 
}

void main() {

That doesn't seem to be working..

Expected }, found null (game.ash, line 7)

Last edited:

zopiate

Go to the "options"page
Look at the "Interface" tab
Is "Remember the size of the character pane and chat" checked?
If so, uncheck it, close the Relay Browser, and reopen it.
Report back here.

Guide now shows in the side pane, but will not allow me to resize it...

Code:
}

void main() {

did not seem to change anything...

Theraze

Those are two different issues.

1) If you tell KoL you don't want to resize things, you won't be able to resize things.
2) If you tell KoL to let you resize things, then you'll need to use the game.ash relay override to replace the gCLI panel.

Bale

Minion
did not seem to change anything...

Sorry. Copy/paste error on my part. There was supposed to be a final curly bracket at the end which I missed. (As darkcodelagsniper said.) I've fixed it in my post so please try again. Sorry.

adeyke

I just started my first Ed run, and I noticed that it recommended gene tonics/hybridization, even though the workshed isn't accessible in that path.

Bale

Minion
I just started my first Ed run, and I noticed that it recommended gene tonics/hybridization, even though the workshed isn't accessible in that path.

That might be a problem with mafia if mafia is providing the information that a workshop is available. I haven't looked into it myself.

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, I'd like to recommend a small Ed change.

It keeps recommending that I purchase an "Upgraded Spine." That is one of the two items that I definitely do not want to purchase. ("Bone Spikes" is the other.) Sometimes I actually want to die so that I can go to the Underworld and "Upgraded Spine" makes it harder.

Crowther

Ezandora, I'd like to recommend a small Ed change.

It keeps recommending that I purchase an "Upgraded Spine." That is one of the two items that I definitely do not want to purchase. ("Bone Spikes" is the other.) Sometimes I actually want to die so that I can go to the Underworld and "Upgraded Spine" makes it harder.
Bone spikes is a serious problem, but upgraded spine isn't that bad. You can simply time out the fight to 30 rounds and die that way. Normally, I just spam the dictionary. I often do this when the cat delevels a monster until it can't hit me.