Guide

Bale

Minion
Wouldn't it be simplest to just do something like this?

PHP:
int turnsAttemptedInLocation(location place)
{
    if(get_revision() >= 14792)
        return place.turns_spent;
    if (place == $location[the haunted bedroom]) //special case - NCs don't count here
        return place.combatTurnsAttemptedInLocation();
    return place.combatTurnsAttemptedInLocation() + place.noncombatTurnsAttemptedInLocation();
}

That way if turns_spent is accurate it will automatically be used. Otherwise it will use the old method.

How's this look? For both softcore and hardcore.
View attachment 8405

Works for me!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Wouldn't it be simplest to just do something like this?

If the goal is compatibility with point releases, then that gives an error. I would say "just use since to tell people to update" but that isn't compatible with the latest point release yet either.

Bale

Minion
Oh yeah, of course. It will throw an error before even starting the script. :(

Well, the good news is that we're planning on a very early point release of a new version so Ezandora can just wait to fix it for everyone when it comes out. Soon!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm getting the suggestion to put a +ML flower in for the Castle ground floor even though I already have a +mainstat flower there.

Nappa

I'm getting the following error message when starting the relay guide:
Bad skill value: "Summon Candy Hearts" (relay_Guide.ash, line 10373)

Apparently the skill was renamed and r14853 updated it in mafia.

Changing that line to use "$skill[Summon Candy Heart]" instead fixes this.

Update to 16.5 and you won't have this problem anymore. :D

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Ignore what wrldwzrd89 said. This script already fixed that. You probably need to delete and reinstall this script to get any more updates because of github's flawed support for subversion.

Nappa

Well, I re-installed the script and it helped. Thanks. Do I always have to do this for scripts hosted on github, then?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Well, I re-installed the script and it helped. Thanks. Do I always have to do this for scripts hosted on github, then?

This is the only github script, and it seems to be needed on a semi-regular basis. I would expect it to apply to any other scripts hosted there too.

Nappa

Hm, inconvenient.

I added this to my login script so it will automatically update once daily as well.
Code:
	if( get_property( "last_github_update" ).to_int() != gameday_to_int() ) {
		cli_execute( "svn delete Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release" );
		cli_execute( "svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/" );
		set_property( "last_github_update", gameday_to_int() );
	}

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure how I feel about regular deletion and restoration, but you might want to rewrite that as:

Code:
	if( get_property( "last_Guide_update" ) != svn_info( "Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release" ).revision) {
		cli_execute( "svn delete Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release" );
		cli_execute( "svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/" )
		set_property( "last_Guide_update", svn_info( "Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release" ).revision );
	}

That will check current revision number so that you only do this when Ezandora commits a new release.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That will check current revision number so that you only do this when Ezandora commits a new release.

That would miss the whole point of that block of code though. The problem is that mafia thinks there isn't a new release when there is.

Bale

Minion
Actually, no. Mafia updates it and believes that it is updated to Ezandora's most recent update even though it is not. Very odd.

Nappa

I agree it's a bit overkill... But unless there's some other way to poll Github for info on the latest commit on the master branch, I don't really see any other way to do it automatically?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I should remind folks that Roppi (? - sorry if I am putting words into the wrong mouth) has researched this and believes the root cause is that github's support for SVN is lacking/incorrect/buggy. So it is unlikely that KoLmafia itself will address the issue. If we knew when this was rolled out what we know now, I would have advocated for calling SVN support a beta feature that only supported repositories at SourceForge, but that horse has left the stable.

That said, I will probably adopt the forced delete/install as part of one character's login script because it is reliable and automated and the servers it hammers are not KoL's. ;-)