Guide

Darzil

Developer
The naughty sorceress quest got a little longer due to a missing step being added, guide needs a small change.

Darzil

Developer
There is a step we didn’t support that only happens when you lose to the sorceress and are given quest to get wand. Started to matter when it was a pvp mini. So added a step between fight sorceress and killed sorceress

taltamir

While this guide is open, I keep on getting inexplicable attempts to redirect me to peevpee.php during every single combat, which naturally errors out. And often results in the fight window not updating properly (requiring me to reload the page to see where i am at the fight)

Note the red lines that say
peevpee.php: redirected to a fight page.
Code:
[1746] Dreadsylvanian Woods
Encounter: Brisk-Pelt, Teen Frightener
Round      0: taltamir wins initiative!
[COLOR=red]peevpee.php: redirected      to a fight page.[/COLOR]
Round 1: taltamir executes a macro!
Round 1:      taltamir casts MICROMETEORITE!
Round 2: cold werewolf drops 42 attack      power.
Round 2: cold werewolf drops 58 defense.
Round 2: taltamir      casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 3: cold werewolf takes 431 damage.
Round      3: You lose 47 hit points
Round 3: taltamir casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round      4: cold werewolf takes 602 damage.
Round 4: taltamir wins the fight!
After      Battle: A love dragonfly buzzes softly in your ear.
After Battle: You      gain 5 Roguishness
After Battle: Ganderson sits on your shoulder,      preening and otherwise unaware of what you're doing.
You gain 14 Meat.
After      Battle: A buxom wench gives you a kiss on the cheek, not that you are or      aren't into that kind of thing.
After Battle: You gain 58      Muscleboundness
After Battle: You gain 23 Magicalness
After Battle:      You gain 35 Smarm
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode, best MP restorative      is: carbonated water lily @ 3032.6153846153848 meat total.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]In      mallmode, best HP restorative is: scroll of drastic healing @      826.6666666666666 meat total.[/COLOR]
Casting Get Big 1 times...
You      acquire an effect: Big (10)
Get Big was successfully cast.
[COLOR=blue]In      mallmode, best MP restorative is: carbonated water lily @      3032.6153846153848 meat total.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode,      best HP restorative is: scroll of drastic healing @ 826.6666666666666 meat      total.[/COLOR]

[1747] Dreadsylvanian Woods
Encounter: Thoughts of      Lustful Thoughts
Round 0: taltamir wins initiative!
Round 1:      taltamir executes a macro!
[COLOR=red]peevpee.php: redirected to      a fight page.[/COLOR]
Round 1: taltamir casts MICROMETEORITE!
Round      2: sleaze bugbear drops 52 attack power.
Round 2: sleaze bugbear drops      52 defense.
Round 2: You lose 2 hit points
Round 2: taltamir casts      LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 3: sleaze bugbear takes 596 damage.
Round      3: You lose 2 hit points
Round 3: You lose 94 hit points
Round 3:      taltamir casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 4: sleaze bugbear takes 498      damage.
After Battle: Ganderson      sits on your shoulder, preening and otherwise unaware of what you're doing.
You      gain 13 Meat.
After Battle: A lusty Dreadsylvanian wench gives you a      kiss on the cheek, whether or not that's your thing.
After Battle: You      gain 75 Strengthliness
After Battle: You gain 28 Magicalness
After      Battle: You gain 45 Chutzpah
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode, best MP      restorative is: carbonated water lily @ 3032.6153846153848 meat total.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]In      mallmode, best HP restorative is: scroll of drastic healing @      826.6666666666666 meat total.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode,      best MP restorative is: carbonated water lily @ 3032.6153846153848 meat      total.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode, best HP restorative is:      scroll of drastic healing @ 826.6666666666666 meat total.[/COLOR]

[1748]      Dreadsylvanian Woods
Encounter: Friend of Hangman's Nooses
Round 0:      taltamir wins initiative!
[COLOR=red]peevpee.php: redirected to      a fight page.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]peevpee.php: redirected to a      fight page.[/COLOR]
Round 1: taltamir executes a macro!
Round 1:      taltamir casts MICROMETEORITE!
Round 2: spooky bugbear drops 51 attack      power.
Round 2: spooky bugbear drops 52 defense.
Round 2: You lose 1      hit point
Round 2: taltamir casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 3:      spooky bugbear takes 543 damage.
Round 3: You lose 3 hit points
Round      3: You lose 70 hit points
Round 3: taltamir casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round      4: spooky bugbear takes 653 damage.
After      Battle: Ganderson squawks, "Awwrrk! Timmy's fallen down the well!      *whistle*"
You gain 13 Meat.
After Battle: A strapping young      stable boy with flowing raven locks gives you a kiss on the cheek, which      is either delightful or confusing depending on your preferences, which we      don't presume to judge.
After Battle: You gain 75 Strongness
After      Battle: You gain 32 Wizardliness
After Battle: You gain 39 Cheek
You      gain a Moxie point!
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode, best MP restorative      is: carbonated water lily @ 3032.6153846153848 meat total.[/COLOR]
Casting Paul's Passionate Pop Song      1 times...
You acquire an effect: Paul's Passionate Pop Song (10)
Paul's      Passionate Pop Song was successfully cast.
Casting Leash of Linguini 1      times...
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (10)
Leash of      Linguini was successfully cast.
[COLOR=blue]In mallmode, best MP      restorative is: carbonated water lily @ 3032.6153846153848 meat total.[/COLOR]
closing the guide makes this go away

pic
KOL Guide doing peevpee redirects.png

Last edited:
I can't answer your question, but note that the redirect message says it tried to go to pvp but got redirected to fight, not the other way around.

taltamir

I can't answer your question, but note that the redirect message says it tried to go to pvp but got redirected to fight, not the other way around.
Thanks
I meant to say the script is attempt to redirect me to pvp, while kol auto redirects me back to the fight. I phrased it inaccurately.

Also.. 1 dayroll later and its not happening anymore. So who can possibly even tell what was causing that.

taltamir

During ed run, after defeating the adventurer, while searching for the holy mcguffing I get the following outputted to the CLI multiple times per turn

Code:
Multiple matches for "holy macguffin"; using "[7965]Holy MacGuffin". (relay_Guide.ash, line 7843) Clarify by using one of:
"[2334]Holy MacGuffin"
"[7965]Holy MacGuffin"
Multiple matches for "holy macguffin"; using "[7965]Holy MacGuffin". (relay_Guide.ash, line 7843) Clarify by using one of:
"[2334]Holy MacGuffin"
"[7965]Holy MacGuffin"
"[2334]Holy MacGuffin"
"[7965]Holy MacGuffin"
^the above warnings are from a single adventure

King Dave

Is it possible to get something added to the guide that will warn of upcoming wandering monsters from the Voting form/Absentee Ballot and ask if you want to equip the voting button? I believe they happen when your total lifetime turncount mod 11 = 1, unless you just fought a free wanderer the turn before. Presumably could trigger when the vote is done to avoid notifying people who haven't voted that day?

Mafia already tracks them, with warning and everything if you 'set trackVoteMonster = true' (or '= free'). A Guide update could be handy, but it's not urgent with that in place.

Last edited:

taltamir

After killing your demonified nemesis, the guide stops showing it as a quest, however at that point there is still 1 more step of informing your guild to collect 6000 meat (other rewards are given at moment of killing demon nemesis, only the meat is left until you talk to your guild questgiver).

taltamir

when reaching the boss of the "plaintive telegram" (from LT&T) the guide will occasionally suggest that I equip "meteor orb". The item is actually called "meteorb".

taltamir

For sea quest, I suggest suggesting stench jelly / clara's bell during:
1. finding older brother in the wreck of edgar fitzgerald
2. after acquiring the mer-kin lockkey for the chest in the mer-kin camp.

Also for fishy, adberan sardines and centauri fish wine are both excellent choices. size 2 food/drink, awesome quality, and gives 60 adv of fishy

Also I just did an accordion thief violence route, and it was suggesting i buff muscle. Violence needs physical damage, that can be muscle or moxie.

taltamir

Island war quest still suggests you acquire the talisman o'nam first before starting the war. However this is no longer a thing as of 2019-01-01 when pirates were changed to no longer drop it

taltamir

Gingerbread Mob Hit is out of standard, it should not be listed as an available resource while in standard path.

fredg1

Is there a way to help with the implementation of the naughty sorceress's Wall of skin? I've been able to kill it for my past 3 ascensions and wondered if I could help with what to suggest in the guide, at the very least the basics

Last edited:

fredg1

Highland Lord Quest - Bridge (smut orc logging camp)

Possibility of displaying smutOrcNoncombatProgress, the preference showing the progress towards Blech House?

Also maybe a quick approximation of how many parts you'd get from the various choices?

fredg1

Copperhead club - delay??

Don't know if I should be saying this here first, but don't know where else to suggest looking into this so...

Putting it bluntly: Shen Copperhead, Nightclub Owner; Shen Copperhead, Jerk; Shen Copperhead, Huge Jerk; and Shen Copperhead, World's Biggest Jerk ALWAYS appeared at turn 1, 6, 11 and 16, so I'd guess there's a 4 turns delay between them?

Always got the requested item right away, so I don't know if the delay only counts down once you obtained it, but either way, wouldn't it be interesting to see if free fights/wandering monsters can burn it?