Guide

xKiv

If we knew when this was rolled out what we know now, I would have advocated for calling SVN support a beta feature that only supported repositories at SourceForge, but that horse has left the stable.
It's not beta, it just doesn't support buggy servers.
(translating git to svn might be complicated, but it really shouldn't break simple updating)

Last edited:

digitrev

Slight issue. These lines
Code:
                if ($item[bowling ball].available_amount() > 0)
                    line += "|Have " + pluralizeWordy($item[bowling ball]) + ".";
                if ($item[bowling ball].available_amount() < rolls_needed)
                {
                    if ($item[bowling ball].closet_amount() > 0 && $item[bowling ball].available_amount() > 0)
                        line += " (" + ($item[bowling ball].available_amount() + $item[bowling ball].closet_amount()).int_to_wordy() + " total with closet)";
                    else if ($item[bowling ball].closet_amount() > 0)
                    {
                        line += "|Have " + pluralizeWordy($item[bowling ball].closet_amount(), $item[bowling ball]) + " in closet.";
                        if ($item[bowling ball].closet_amount() >= rolls_needed)
                            line += " (take them out!)";
                    }
                }
should be using item_amount instead of available_amount, since available_amount accounts for closeted items. Also, since pluralizeWordy(item) uses available_amount, you're duplicating some work here.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Whether available_amount() uses the closet depends on your settings, actually (Item Manager -> Creatable -> use closet, in the GUI, or under Item Acquisition in Preferences, or autoSatisfyWithCloset).

digitrev

Good point. Perhaps checking for that setting, then? Either way, it's funny when it tells me I have 8 bowling balls available, because I've closeted 4.

Bale

Minion
You do have 8 bowling balls available. Why would you closet 4? And why do you not want Guide to count them as capable of fulfilling the quest?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You do have 8 bowling balls available. Why would you closet 4? And why do you not want Guide to count them as capable of fulfilling the quest?

No, he has 4 in his closet, 0 in inventory. The 4 closeted are being double-counted because they are also in available_amount() for him, while they are not for Ezandora.

You closet them so you can use all 5 bowling balls at once, after you no longer have to worry about a monster banish running out.

Bale

Minion
Oh! That is bad.

Strategic note appreciated. I've never had that last long enough for my banish to wear off, but it is a very interesting idea.

zopiate

I've got a slight problem. Guide apparently won't come up in any recent build... I have to go back to KoLmafia-14847 for it to be available in the side pane

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I've got a slight problem. Guide apparently won't come up in any recent build... I have to go back to KoLmafia-14847 for it to be available in the side pane

I assume by "come up" you mean "won't automatically make its own frame". It's doing that in the latest mafia build for me.

I found out (through talking with Ezandora) that if you use Firefox and resize any frames before opening Guide that it won't do that. Before I figured that out, I had been opening it in a new window and putting that right next to the main window, so it was basically the same as having its own frame anyway.

guyy

In this case, though, it's probably because there's a bug:

Bad skill value: "Summon Candy Hearts" (relay_Guide.ash, line 10009)

Apparently the name changed to "Summon Candy Heart". After I fixed that line, Guide appeared as normal (and it stopped giving that error message every two seconds).

In this case, though, it's probably because there's a bug:

Bad skill value: "Summon Candy Hearts" (relay_Guide.ash, line 10009)

Apparently the name changed to "Summon Candy Heart". After I fixed that line, Guide appeared as normal (and it stopped giving that error message every two seconds).
Do you have the latest KoLmafia and Guide versions? This bug has been fixed. If all else fails try removing Guide and installing it again, after updating to KoLmafia 16.5 or a newer daily build.

Last edited:
FYI, did dad sea monkee earlier is this aftercore, then went back and did the colosseum fights for the hell of it, and now Guide thinks I can go do the temple as a gladiator. It doesn't seem to recognize either that the temple is empty now, or that it was completed earlier. Entering the colosseum seems to have overridden the prior tracking.

No big deal, just quirkiness in response to my own.

Ezandora

Changed the default click location for levelling to be the airport/magazine scaling areas, if they're available. I'm not sure, but I think those are almost always better now than the spookyraven zones? I know Bale asked for that feature originally. Also, small and tiny sizes now give slightly more space to the text.

That update bug is problematic. I could switch to another host for the release URL? Don't know too many. It seems as though the local SVN store becomes corrupted somehow? I wonder if a newer version of the SVNKit library would help.

FYI, did dad sea monkee earlier is this aftercore, then went back and did the colosseum fights for the hell of it, and now Guide thinks I can go do the temple as a gladiator.

That may be mafia's internal tracking being off, but I am not sure. Try running this command if this happens again:

Code:
get merkinQuestPath

If it's "done", then there's a bug in guide.

xKiv

That update bug is problematic. I could switch to another host for the release URL? Don't know too many. It seems as though the local SVN store becomes corrupted somehow? I wonder if a newer version of the SVNKit library would help.

IIRC, this happened to me two times, and the local store was not really corrupted either time.

First time, a certain revision was presented by github's svn support as inherently broken (just running "svn log" ended in error unless avoiding that revision, and updating past that revision wouldn't work because of that). This ... seems to have been fixed?

Second time, I found conflicting changes in svn properties of some file (IOW, I found the .orig + .mine files that indicate unresolved conflict; mafia of course doesn't have tools for resolving conflicts, and I already updated my commandline tools to version that requires newer repository format, so the resolution was again delete/reinstall ...). I am reasonably sure I didn't change any svn properties on my side ...

roippi

Developer
I wonder if a newer version of the SVNKit library would help.

FWIW this is on my list of things to do - SVN repos not being backwards-compatibile is a drag - but I'm on a leave-of-absence from doing mafia stuff for the next month or so. It will happen eventually.

Bale

Minion
FWIW this is on my list of things to do

Well then, whenever you get to this, I have one clue for you. When this happens, I find an extra file in the /relay directory called relay_Guide.ash.prej which contains the following lines:

Code:
Trying to add new property 'svn:executable'
but the property already exists.

roippi

Developer
Well then, whenever you get to this, I have one clue for you. When this happens, I find an extra file in the /relay directory called relay_Guide.ash.prej which contains the following lines:

Code:
Trying to add new property 'svn:executable'
but the property already exists.

Hum. That's a svn properties conflict file - similar to the .mine and .orig files from a failed merge, but svn treats property merges differently (read: it doesn't do them).

I don't know what exactly is messing with svn properties - I doubt Ezandora is, most people don't even know svn properties exist, much less need to change them. It's probably just some weird git+svn thing. If you delete that .prej file it should fully resolve the conflict. There's probably some good way to automate that, but again I won't have time to look at it for a while.