Guide

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Also, with a level 5+ Spaghetti Elemental thrall active you don't need the initiative warning, for people that are being somewhat lazy.

AlbinoRhino

So, my Guide has stopped auto-updating its information. It updates fine if I reload the frame but otherwise the information stays static. I've tried the obvious things such as deleting my browser cache and re-installing the script and trying a different browser ... with no luck Anyone have any ideas what could cause this ?

Ezandora

So, my Guide has stopped auto-updating its information. It updates fine if I reload the frame but otherwise the information stays static. I've tried the obvious things such as deleting my browser cache and re-installing the script and trying a different browser ... with no luck Anyone have any ideas what could cause this ?
Try running "prefref sourceTerm" in the graphical CLI, or possibly "get sourceTerminalEnquiry". Does it output a bunch of HTML? This caused interference with the auto-update feature, and will be fixed.

Magus_Prime

I'm going for the level thirty avatar trophies, Jarlsberg at present, and Guide prominently displays "She awaits". It's a minor thing but would it be possible to make Guide aware that I've already completed the lair and defeated the avatar at the top of the tower? I'll try to dig up the relevant settings for the paths.

Last edited:

Ezandora

I'm going for the level thirty avatar trophies, Jarlsberg at present, and Guide prominently displays "She awaits". It's a minor thing but would it be possible to make Guide aware that I've already completed the lair and defeated the avatar at the top of the tower? I'll try to dig up the relevant settings for the paths.
What does "get questL13Final" in the GCLI give you, if this still affects you?

Magus_Prime

"step12"

The odd thing is that the problem isn't exhibited any longer. I stopped loading Guide the day after I noticed the issue as I'm just grinding through encounters against scaling monsters to level up. When I loaded it today Guide displayed the correct "Free the King" message.

[Edit]
I wrote too soon. After running 200 turns, automated, with Guide open in the relay browser the message "She awaits" is back. getquestL13Final now has a value of "step13".

That tells me that something, likely outside Guide, is changing the status of the quest. I'll try to find the problem and report it in the appropriate thread if I do. Thank you for the pointer to the correct setting.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'd like to suggest a cosmetic update to keep in line KoL revamps.

When I can make Richard's Star Key, the Hole in the sky tells me that I "can make everything." Since there is now only one thing to make, "everything" seems an odd word choice.

Bale

Minion
Small bug report and suggestion for improvement.

a3oOazT.png

First the bug report: Note that in the image above it says both "Read the recipe if you haven't" and it also says "Remember to read the recipe if you haven't." I'm in Nuclear Autumn if it helps you figure out why this would happen.

Now the suggestion: If get_property("spookyravenRecipeUsed") isn't an empty string, then I've read the recipe.

Darzil

Developer
It should be if it isn't "none" then it's read, I think, looking at the code.

Edit - Or doesn't contain "glasses".

Bale

Minion
My miss. Default value for get_property("spookyravenRecipeUsed") is "none"

Value is "with_glasses" if you equipped the glasses when reading.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I see new support for NA was added today.

It is overzealous in one case. It is recommending I use rad-pro even though I am currently equipped with a lead umbrella. Seems like bad advice.

Malibu Stacey

Minor quibble.

The Time Spinner section says "Re-eat something this ascension" however the time spinner only lets you re-eat something you ate that day since the last rollover.

guide_timespinner.png

This is in aftercore btw. Haven't checked in-run as yet.

Capn

Is it just me? Sometime since this morning, the guide has stopped popping itself into a sidebar. It has decided to take up residency in the main adventure pane.
same results on the newest build (r12795) and one of the previous build where it was working fine the past couple days (r17293).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is it just me? Sometime since this morning, the guide has stopped popping itself into a sidebar. It has decided to take up residency in the main adventure pane.
same results on the newest build (r12795) and one of the previous build where it was working fine the past couple days (r17293).

That was a KoL issue, but only for people that had short character pane enabled. It is fixed now.