Feature - Implemented Use smashbot instead of wadbot in Item Manager

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Apparently wadbot's been down for the past month or so. smashbot also has a jackhammer drill press installed, so yay, antimatter wads!

src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/swingui/panel/PulverizePanel.java seems to be the only file in need of changes.

edit: a note to make is that wadbot handled ronin/hc folks, but I don't remember smashbot having this capability.

Bale

Minion
Huh. I didn't know that. I should add smashbot to OCD.

smashbot works exactly the same as wadbot, other than not handling packages?

Razorsoup

Huh. I didn't know that. I should add smashbot to OCD.

smashbot works exactly the same as wadbot, other than not handling packages?

IIRC, smashbot doesn't automatically malus the results. So the user would end up having to resend powder to be malused into nuggets. And then resend the nuggets to be malused into wads. Other than that they seem to be the same. I actually already added smashbot to my local copy of OCD with a check to just have ocd send to whichever is online. I've been pretty happy with smashbot's service.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
All the G-D forum posts I saw were about how smashbot was sending back wrong results, given what it was sent. I was hoping for instructions on what commands you needed to send it, but all I got was "You send it 5000 X and it sends back 2 nuggets and a powder. WTF?"

How about a detailed description of what commands you send it (since my Search yielded nothing) and some reassurance that it is worth your time?

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
It is discouraging to hear it is not reliable. Guess I won't be adding it to OCD.

Last edited:

Razorsoup

All the G-D forum posts I saw were about how smashbot was sending back wrong results, given what it was sent. I was hoping for instructions on what commands you needed to send it, but all I got was "You send it 5000 X and it sends back 2 nuggets and a powder. WTF?"

How about a detailed description of what commands you send it (since my Search yielded nothing) and some reassurance that it is worth your time?

Thanks.

I typically just send the items, no message, and smashbot sends me the results. You can also send it "help" as a kmail and it will send you some info on commands it accepts. I'll copy the message I got back here for your convenience.

Thank you for using smashbot!

To get started, just send equipment and I'll smash it and send it back. If you want nuggets or powders sent to the malus, just send them over!

Available commands are:
help - Display this message.
force - Force smashbot to smash this item, even if it appears valuable. Normally, smashbot will refrain from destroying anything with no autosell value, but this can be disabled by turning on 'force'. Force can be set permanently using "set force" or if you have already set then it can be disabled for this message with "no force" or "force off".
donate - Indicates that you are donating the contents of this message to smashbot.

If you want smashbot to automatically malus the results of anything he smashes for you, this is manipulated through your malus flags (which we call your goose_level). The simplest way to set this is with the commands "wads", "nuggets" or "no malus".
These can also be set. For example, "set wads" will cause smashbot to malus everything as far as possible in this and all future messages.
If you want to malus twinkly nuggets into twinkly wads, but nothing else, you can achieve this through "set goose_level 64". If you want more control over your malus flags, try "help goose_level".
Note: please do not try to change your goose_level while wearing an encoder ring. Other functions should work.

If you use punctuation in your message, it will be treated as text, and as such ignored (this is mainly for compatibility with KoLmafia). Your items will be processed according to your default settings. Please be careful.

In case chatbot is unavailable, I also roll dice in /games. Try "help dice" if you want more help.

Also, it appears I was wrong. You can have smashbot auto-malus your results. Learned something new today.

It is discouraging to hear it is reliable. Guess I won't be adding it to OCD.

Yeah, the reports of past issues with smashbot make me nervous about using it but in wadbot's absence I've chosen to risk it.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I've never had an issue with Smashbot, but haven't used it since I got Pulverise, so not really sure what the issues were. Only issues I recall were if it were offline, which is a normal intermittent issue with bots, and even so, was only a delay.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We should add a "send to smashbot" button underneath the "send to wadbot" button, rather than replacing it, since perhaps wadbot will eventually return.

If we discover that the chosen bot is offline, we pop up an alert to tell you that. If you cancel, we should leave everything queued so you can try the other bot if you want.

Darzil

Developer
r13628 - Add send to smashbot button. Put it above the wadbot button because a) alphabetical, b) operational and c) can make antimatter wads.

Darzil

Developer
Hope I haven't just broken smashbot, it's gone offline!

Edit - and back up again, and I got what I sent processed.

Last edited: