Feature - Rejected No support for Mer-kin library choice adventure?

Mr_Crac

When adventuring in the Mer-kin library, I am getting this:

[1170] Mer-kin Library
Encounter: Playing the Catalog Card
Unsupported choice adventure #704
choice 1: AZ242.19: Intermediate Blood Deceit
choice 2: SM757.18: Aquatic Husbandry, a Cautionary Tale
choice 3: EX296.90: Ritualistic Blood, a Play
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

And indeed, this choice adventure does not appear in the list:

Mer-kin_library.png

Could we have support for this, please?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think I would have to read through that script to even know how the choice adventure works well enough to try to support it. Since I'm done with the sea forever, and I never cared about automating it, I'm not likely to get to this.

Bale

Minion
I think I would have to read through that script to even know how the choice adventure works well enough to try to support it. Since I'm done with the sea forever, and I never cared about automating it, I'm not likely to get to this.

I'll summarize.
  • The objective is to learn three clues.
  • If the property merkinVocabularyMastery is 100, then the choices will give a clue. Otherwise there will be more than three choices (up to 13 choices are possible!) and you will get a random result that might (or might not) give a useful clue.
  • Each of the three choices (or another choice if your merkinVocabularyMastery is less than 100) will give a useful clue. There is no way to know which choice will give which of the three clues.
  • The three properties, dreadScroll1, dreadScroll6, dreadScroll8 are the three clues we want to gain, but we do not know which clue corresponds to which of the choices.
  • BBB deals with this uncertainty by simply assuming that the player will always choose them in order from 1 to 3 and study his merkin vocabulary properly.

tl;dr: This can only be automated if you assume that the player doesn't do anything unexpected.

Yeah, I suppose I'd best just reject this feature...

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's non-maxed vocabulary cases that would make it complicated. Or lead to the result that mafia shouldn't try automating that, probably.

Bale

Minion
I'm not without mercy. To make it simple, here's a Pre-Adventure Script which does this and only this. Set it at Preferences -> Automation

Code:
void friendlyset(string choiceadv, string value, string explan) {
	if(get_property(choiceadv) == value) return;
	print("Adjusting choice adventure: "+explan,"#F87217");
	set_property(choiceadv,value);
}
void friendlyset(int choiceadv, int value, string explan) {
	friendlyset("choiceAdventure"+choiceadv, to_string(value), explan); }

if(my_location() == $location[Mer-kin Library]) {
	if(get_property("merkinVocabularyMastery") == "100") {
		int clues;
		foreach prop in $strings[dreadScroll1, dreadScroll6, dreadScroll8]