Feature - Rejected Modifier Maximizer & Smithsness

digitrev

So the modifier maximizer really seems to like Sheila Take a Crossbow. Say I'm trying to maximize item drops, and the best combination involves A Light That Never Goes Out. In that case, it will, without fail, offer to equip Sheila in the main-hand. It doesn't matter if I'm a muscle class and would be better served with Work is a Four Letter Sword or possibly the Meat Tenderizer, it always wants to give me Sheila. So I guess I'd like to request that the maximizer consider class when a tie occurs.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think you're going to have to settle for adding "-equip Sheila Take a Crossbow" to the maximizer command. Making the tiebreaker less predictable than it currently is (by making it change depending on your class) will probably result in more bug reports.

Theraze

Yeah, if you want to force melee weapons, +melee is a much better choice than manually running -equip on every possible ranged weapon... :)

ereinion

And -melee if you only want to consider ranged weapons. I just recently discovered this, and it is a really nice feature :)

Theraze

There's also 0 melee for if you don't care either way, and 0.5 melee (or -0.5 melee) for considering unarmed and melee or unarmed and ranged only. That was a more recent change... +melee and -melee will no longer consider unarmed unless you do the 0.5 weight.

Theraze

Yeah, I remember it being talked about in some thread regarding the various halos no longer being suggested for unarmed maximization. Not something most need to remember and deal with, but good for when writing up the complete series of options. :)