Bug Is it a bug or a feature that Mafia remakes an equipped ice bucket over rollover?

Bale

Minion
Fine. I was just suggesting an alternate suggestion to Bale's idea that we hit main.php if (specific-list-of-things-that require-a-main.php-hit) is applicable, so as to avoid coding that specific list. :)

My list was stupid.

My list was also sarcastic. I was making a point about what we could do to avoid one more server hit for every single login. By making a list I was pointing out how likely it was that Jick was going to add more items to the list. A point lostcalpolydude drove home by telling me I'd forgotten an item on that list -- fixing the api.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I started looking at code to do this, but I couldn't decide whether it belongs in LoginManager.java, LoginRequest.java, KoLmafia.java, or somewhere else. I think checking initialDesktop for "RelayBrowser" (or whatever the actual value is, I can't check from here) to allow skipping that request would be good, unless it's a coincidence that the timing on my system allows that to load before other stuff that needs the update loads.

Bale

Minion
On my system it won't load main.php before other stuff, even though my start up includes the relay browser.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I started looking at code to do this, but I couldn't decide whether it belongs in LoginManager.java, LoginRequest.java, KoLmafia.java, or somewhere else.
Since we want to do it on a timein, I'd say KoLmafia.refreshSessionData and KoLmafia.timein would be good places to do this.

I'm curious about what happens, if anything, if you call main.php when you are in Valhalla. Does it redirect? Do we care?

Bale

Minion
I'm curious about what happens, if anything, if you call main.php when you are in Valhalla. Does it redirect? Do we care?

What an excellent question! I have no idea!

Probably doesn't matter though. It's not as though it would be either game breaking or important.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Apparently that didn't fix the issue, according to someone in /hardcore, so I filed a KoL bug report about incorrect information from api.php.