Bug - Fixed Disparity multiusing >11 packs of pogs

elpasi

r13511

Packs of pogs can only be opened up to 11 at a time, otherwise only 11 will be opened.

If you have, for example, 25 packs of pogs, and ask mafia to multi-open 25 (item manager -> use item), all 25 will disappear from the mafia record of the inventory, but clicking refresh will make 14 reappear. Mafia THINKS all 25 managed to get used, even though KoL only really used 11 on the instruction. This can cause issues in scripts that 'use all' (e.g. rerunning the script won't open another 11, because mafia's item count gives 0).

elpasi

I believe this is the only one, or one of the very rare ones that you'd never notice otherwise. The real issue isn't just the use restriction, but the behaviour after. If the act was to fail to open them, it'd be nice; you just abort and the count stays the same. In this case, multi-using 20 gives "You decide to open 11 instead" and 11 are multi-used.

This is a very special case, but it does catch out OCD inventory control, for one, when trying to clean up packets of pogs in my inventory!

Bale

Minion
Why would jick even program in such a restriction? I cannot figure out why Pogs would be troubled by large packet opening, benefit from that limit or even make narrative sense with that limit.

elpasi

We all know that 11 is 'ridiculous' and 'not even funny,' and there are also 11 pogs to collect, so I guess he was just going a bit crazy on that day, right?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the code in UseItemRequest, I see that we have the concept of "sequential consumption", including special code for Yummy Tummy beans to use them 20 at a time. The Wiki says this:

Attempting to use more than 20 at a time yields the message: 'Your mother always told you not to eat too many jelly beans, so you decide to only eat 20 of them.'
So, there is precedent for this - and we have code that can be modified to handle this case, too.