Bug - Fixed Spray Hot Grease is missing image field

Bale

Minion
In classkills.txt the image field for 7189 Spray Hot Grease is missing. It should be wboilpan.gif

I just checked that and added it to the wiki myself so I know it is correct. :D

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I asked for the desc_skill for skill #7189 and there was none.

How do you get the image for a combat skill with no skill description?

Bale

Minion
I equipped a warbear oil pan on my sauceror multi and went into a fight. If you are using the CAB each combat skill has an associated icon in the drop-down.

HTML:
<option value="7189" picurl="wboilpan" selected>Spray Hot Grease (0 Mana Points)</option>

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. I bet that the image appears on the fight page after you use the skill, too.

I see the following combat skills with no (currently known) image:

Code:
7120	Quick Attack		5	0	0
7121	Rive Armor		5	0	0
7122	Brutal Strike		5	0	0
7123	First Aid		5	0	0
7124	Firebolt		5	0	0
7125	Chillblain		5	0	0
7126	Forceblast		5	0	0
7127	Vampiric Tendrils		5	0	0
7128	Draw New Tiles		5	0	0
7129	Run Away		5	0	0
7189	Spray Hot Grease		5	0	0
Those first 10 seem to be from Tales of the Word Realms. I don't suppose you'd be interested in researching their images? :)

Bale

Minion
Interesting. I bet that the image appears on the fight page after you use the skill, too.

Sadly, no.

HTML:
<p>You conjure up a spray of hot grease and coat your opponent with it, dealing <font color=red><b>65</b></font> damage.<p>The grease almost instantly cools and congeals, dealing an additional <font color=blueviolet><b>65</b></font> damage.

I see the following combat skills with no (currently known) image:

Code:
7120	Quick Attack		5	0	0
7121	Rive Armor		5	0	0
7122	Brutal Strike		5	0	0
7123	First Aid		5	0	0
7124	Firebolt		5	0	0
7125	Chillblain		5	0	0
7126	Forceblast		5	0	0
7127	Vampiric Tendrils		5	0	0
7128	Draw New Tiles		5	0	0
7129	Run Away		5	0	0
7189	Spray Hot Grease		5	0	0
Those first 10 seem to be from Tales of the Word Realms. I don't suppose you'd be interested in researching their images? :)

If I had a copy of Tales of the Word Realms I would be glad to research their images, but I don't have a copy and the wiki says it cannot be traded so I'm not able to do so. If the wiki is wrong or you can think of another way for me to research them, then I'd be overjoyed to help.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, I have one. Never used it; it's an aftercore item, at best, and I'm almost always in Hardcore.

I'll try to remember to check out the skills when I break Hardcore - which might be a while, since not only am I getting reduced turngen from food as a Class Act II Turtle Tamer (no milk), but I am eating inferior foods from Chez Snootee (stupid PVP mini) and will have a longer than normal Island war (another stupid PVP mini).

Edit: Of course, while I was posting this, lost just volunteered to get the images. Thanks! :)

Bale

Minion
That's great to hear. Unfortunately it's pretty likely that all 10 skills will have the same boring picture: book4.gif

I say that because so far, every skill granted by equipment has had that equipment as the icon for the skill. I'm really hoping Jick did something more interesting for these.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You don't get access to the CAB when that is equipped, but you get a CAB-like thing with real images. Word Realms images added in 13504, and the one that started the thread added in 13505.

Winterbay

I have like three (may just be two) of that for some obscure reason, but I'm on a ferry between .dk and .se so can't check easily (not that it's needed any longer).

xKiv

I don't think it was a bug, I think it was just Jick clicking the button multiple times.

If I can trust the wiki, Jick had to click the button a second time because the first time didn't deliver any items. And the fixed script somewhy repeated.