Skills WTF?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Relay WTF?

ALL SCRIPTS NOW ON SVN HERE: WTF-Relay-script-collection

Updated post to include a number of WTF spoilerz scripts for adding helper descriptions.

Skills WTF

Creates a sorted, clickable, informative table of available skills
Skills are color coded to help distinguish types. Active effects from skills are highlighted.

The driver here is that I found myself going to the skills page to buff up and forgetting what each skill does and which skills I had already cast and which ones were single effect only (songs and expressions).
This should make that more clear and more easy.

I am eager to hear feedback on this. There are a lot of fancy things that could be added (javascript for skill casting, selectable # of casts, sortable columns). It is a work in progress as I use it more.
Thanks to Bale and ChIT for inspiration.

Familiars WTF

I have a lot of familiars. And the list is growing. And I can't keep track of what they all do. WTF? How am I supposed to remember exactly how 100+ vaguely named creatures perform? I cannot.
I know the hipster does lots of stuff and gives free fights... and so does the goth kid. But the goth kid is really a fairy right? No, its a volleyball. Or a leprechaun... I don't remember.
I could look this up on the wiki over and over. And I used to. Then I wrote this relay script to tell me.

Drop into relay folder and enjoy.

A note: I do not have every familiar, and I did not do 100% checking, so there may be a mistake or two. I will gladly take feedback or donations to my terrarium for debugging.

Hot Dogs WTF

Hot dogs from the VIP lounge are totally sweet. Awesome food, great in HC, and they give some totally sweet effects, and I don't remember what any of these do. clicking the dog will open up an info box, which has a link to the effect, which will give its description.
Or shortcut that process, and use this script to tell you what each does.

Shops WTF

Shops does two things for two shops:
For the Shore Gift Shop, it will tell you the key item inside the three souvenir crates. If you have a telescope, and do not have the item, it will tell you only which crate has the key item you need.
For the Daily Dungeon Vending Machine, it will show you which keys you have and which keys you do not have. It will take away the link to buy keys you already have. It will also check if you have a key lime pie in your inventory, and show that you DO have the key IF you have the pie.
This is because I am forgetful and will pull a pie AND buy the key at the same time, and that sucks.

wtf.ash is a few helper functions. Used by skills.ash and clan_viplounge.ash

History

Skills WTF

v1.00: initial release
v1.01: add cast X field, add supplemental skill info descriptions, fix flavor spell id numbers, lots of other stuff

Familiars WTF

Hot Dogs WTF

Shops WTF

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

I like. No really. It's make the skills page nicer to use. I'd like to see this pursued.

you know, more and more I'm seeing mafia turn the relay browser in to a much friendlier interface through relay scripts.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Updated Skills WTF and added my other helper WTF scripts.
The Skills is improved in a number of ways.

The one thing I would like to do it to find a way to be able to sort the lists by the various columns. I can think of a few hacks to get this to work, but none of them are pretty. Maybe some fancy javascript (that I do not know) would do the trick. Help and ideas welcome.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ooooo... that's pretty. I'm totally gonna waste some time on that now.

digitrev

Looked into this, and filled in a couple of missing familiars.
Code:
case "Grimstone Golem":
	faminfo = AF+aitem+II+ameat+II+adrop;
	break;
case "Warbear Drone":
	faminfo = CB+admg+II+aeprism;
	break;
where
Code:
string aeprism = "<span style=\"font-size:80%; color:gray\"> P</span><span style=\"font-size:80%; color:red\">RI</span><span style=\"font-size:80%; color:green\">SM</span><span style=\"font-size:80%; color:purple\">AT</span><span style=\"font-size:80%; color:blue\">IC </span>";

Okay I added in the (S)ize value for each hotdog which is how much fullness the hot dog will fill. Make the following changes to clan_viplounge.ash

Code:
string [string] hdfullness;
hdfullness["savage macho dog"] = "S:2 ";
hdfullness["one with everything"] = "S:2 ";
hdfullness["sly dog"] = "S:2 ";
hdfullness["devil dog"] = "S:3 ";
hdfullness["chilly dog"] = "S:3 ";
hdfullness["ghost dog"] = "S:3 ";
hdfullness["junkyard dog"] = "S:3 ";
hdfullness["wet dog"] = "S:3 ";
hdfullness["video games hot dog"] = "S:3 ";

change the following lines:
Code:
hdinfo["optimal dog"] = "S:1 semi-rare";
hdinfo["sleeping dog"] = "S:2 +5 free rests";

page.replace_string("<b>"+hd+"</b>", "<b>"+hd+"</b><br><small>"+hdfullness[hd]+effectDesc(hdef[hd])+"</small>");

ckb

Minion
Staff member
All Files updated.
I split the css out to a separate wtf.css file because that makes it much easier to manage.
clan_viplounge.ash updated to add fullnesses.
familiar.ash updated to add new familiars.
shop.ash updated for new KOL html.
skills.ash updated to work better and decorate nicer.

Sorry for the late/lack of updates. I have no time :(
enjoy!

Bale

Minion
A recent update to KoLmafia allows you to make a script called shop.damachine.ash which will only override shop.php?whichshop=damachine. Just throwing that out there since it seems relevant and you might have missed that new feature.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
A recent update to KoLmafia allows you to make a script called shop.damachine.ash which will only override shop.php?whichshop=damachine. Just throwing that out there since it seems relevant and you might have missed that new feature.

Thanks Bale... file this under the "lack of updates". I am getting around to this wonderful feature (that you suggested and I heartily endorse).

You know I was thinking that it'd be great to have something like this for combat items. But it'd be nice to have them in categories, like "healing", "deleveling", "stunning", and damage types, physical, hot, cold, etc.. It'd be nice to be more informed about combat items when trying to use them.

... ... ... It would be, except BatBrain's data files already have a lot of that information.

So you are proposing stealing code from BatBrain to do this terrific idea? :)

Bale.. you up for the challenge?

Also ckb, did you forget to add prismatic damage to the warbear drone?

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Also ckb, did you forget to add prismatic damage to the warbear drone?

I don't think I added it. It seems unnecessary. The goal is to make a very simplified description of the familiar abilities, not necessarily a complete list. Maybe one day I will create a data set that gets more specific, but that seems like a lot of work.

Also, I encourage you (or someone) to write a combat item script. There are already a number of fight scripts with bonus info. I have a personal fight.ash relay script that offers conditional combat item usage, which seems like a better options to me.
When are you using all these combat items anyway?

So one bug that I found in the skills script is that if the skill casting cost is 0, there is no button to cast it. Like "Incite Riot" or "Throw Party". It'd be nice if I didn't have to use the pulldown menu
to cast these, given that they are nicely shown in the list, but just not castable.