Bug - Fixed Weird results when creating multiple papier-mâché glob

Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for papier-mâché glob (30)...
Searching for "soda water"...
Search complete.
Purchasing soda water (30 @ 70)...
You acquire soda water (30)
You spent 2,100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Creating papier-mâché glob (30)...
papier-mâché glob is multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was not
Unexpected plural of 'papier-mâché glob' found: papier-mâché globs

You acquire papier-mâché glob (30)
Successfully created papier-mâché glob (30)

Using KoLmafia 16.1 r13355, on OS X 10.9.0, Java 7u45

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's not a "weird" result, mafia now checks whether KoL says an item is multiusable on the few screens where KoL provides that information. I don't know why the plural was unrecognized since it's just the item name with an s appended.

It's not a "weird" result, mafia now checks whether KoL says an item is multiusable on the few screens where KoL provides that information. I don't know why the plural was unrecognized since it's just the item name with an s appended.
Huh, didn't know that. In any case, it looks like there's 2 mismatches between KoL and KoLmafia here.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Creating papier-mâché glob (2)...
You acquire papier-mâché glob (2)
Successfully created papier-mâché glob (2)
It's definitely fixed. However, considering:

Code:
You acquire <b>2 papier-mâché globs</b>
I, too, am confused about why it didn't recognize "item name" + "s" as the plural without having that identical plural string in items.txt. It does have HTML entities, but I'll have to investigate to see why it didn't Just Work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13359 does the following:

When checking if the KoL's plural agrees with KoLmafia's plural, if no plural is explicitly registered, take the "data name" + "s", not the "display name" + "s". This is why the item name with character entities didn't get the expected plural; there will be no difference for the vast majority of items.

When we determine that KoL and KoLmafia disagree about whether an item is multiusable, log it - as we saw in this report - but also set KoLmafia's item info to agree with KoL's - for the duration of the session, at least; we have to update items.txt to make it persist across sessions.