Feature Navel Ring showing as always +20% meat

Lord_Kobel

For some reason, when I try and use the maximizer to maximise meat, mafia thinks that the Navel ring of navel gazing always gives +20% meat, which is in fact an occational bonus, unless something has changed recently.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia knows it's sporadic meat drop. I guess the request here is for mafia to ignore sporadic meat (and item) drops in the maximizer?

Lord_Kobel

It seems to be using the navel ring rather than another accessory which is always +15% meat. Doesn't that make the navel ring the wrong choice, most times?

Yeah, I think ignoring the sporadic stuff might be the easiest thing to do.

Fluxxdog

What gets me is a bit of inconsistency. KoLmafia lists the little box of fireworks at a sporadic item drop of 12.5%, but in reality, it a sporadic drop of 25% 1/2 the time. It also has a +1.5 stat bonus (not sporadic) when it actually has a sporadic +3 bonus 50% of the time. So, two similar mechanisms that operate very differently.

Honestly, if you program something to be ignored, why code it at all?

Why not take the accountable approach and use the averages like the fireworks' bonus stat? That would give:
4.25 item and meat bonus
.6375 stat bonus
2.125 to 4.25 mp regen

(And also make the fireworks just a flat 12.5% item drop ;) )

This way, their bonus wouldn't be completely ignored, but it wouldn't have as much weight.

Theraze

Also, since pickpockets are disabled when an item has a 100% drop rate through +items, that may lead to more of the "mafia is broken" type of bug posts if we make more items do that in the future. As well, if +item types like the fireworks make a drop "guaranteed" and the person spading doesn't remember to remove them before starting, that could throw off someone's spading of a new area's drop rates, meat, or whatever else they were trying to do.

Fluxxdog

Now that makes sense. But then, how can it be accounted for properly? If mafia ignores sporadic drops, why have them? Or is there a way to have something like the maximizer add in the bonus, like have it ignore sporadic all the time unless you include +sporadic?

Theraze

Could possibly be another modifier name, as you said? If you want it all, you could maximize sporatic item drop, item drop, food drop, candy drop, booze drop, etc, etc, etc... :)

Lord_Kobel

Just wondering if there's been any more progress on this, or if anyone knows of a way to get the maximiser to ignore the navel ring, so I don't have to recheck everything for each time I use the maximiser?