Bug - Fixed error trying to equip bugged bön±Ã©t

Getting an error trying to equip a bugged bön±Ã©t on a bugged bugbear via the CLI in r13289.

Entering "equip familiar bugged bön±Ã©t" :
> equip familiar bugged bön±Ã©t

Unknown item ID 0

Entering "equip familiar bugged bön±Ã©t" :
> equip familiar bugged bön±Ã©t

Unknown item ID 0

Entering "equip familiar bugged bonnet" still works.
> equip familiar bugged bonnet

Putting on bugged bön±Ã©t...
Equipment changed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not that it should have to be done like this, but
Code:
> equip bugged bã

Putting on bugged bön±Ã©t...
Equipment changed.
still works.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you want to equip it via a chat command, what do you type? I'm curious to understand how KoL itself handles this item other than via the equipment page.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way - I expect that the issue is the "¶" character. KoLmafia uses that in CLI commands that are invoked by ASH as the delimiter for a raw item ID. It was not expected that the user would want or need to use that method directly, but now that KoL has introduced an item that actually uses that character, apparently so.

I'm probably not interested in fixing this. Certainly not until or unless I get the requested feedback about how/if KoL itself lets you equip this item via chat command...

By the way - I expect that the issue is the "¶" character. KoLmafia uses that in CLI commands that are invoked by ASH as the delimiter for a raw item ID. It was not expected that the user would want or need to use that method directly, but now that KoL has introduced an item that actually uses that character, apparently so.

I'm probably not interested in fixing this. Certainly not until or unless I get the requested feedback about how/if KoL itself lets you equip this item via chat command...

It'll be a few days before I can check this because I ascended beecore yesterday (yes, it was probably a bit silly to do that right after making this report).

I had a feeling that this used to work, so I just checked with a copy of r12916 that I had lying around:
r12916 said:
> use bugged bön±Ã©t

You need 1 more bugged bön±Ã©t to continue.
r13295 said:
> use bugged bön±Ã©t

Unknown item ID 0
Same results from using either "bön±Ã©t" or "bön±Ã©t"

So this is something that's stopped working relatively recently. I'll see if I can narrow down the release that it stopped working a bit more precisely.

edit - whoops, maybe I won't. I didn't realise you could only download very recent daily builds.

Last edited:
Realised I was being silly about not being able to check chat commands, and just bought a couple of bonnets from the mall on an alt.

/use bugged bön±Ã©t
Using 1 bugged bön±Ã©t.

/use bugged bön±Ã©t
Sorry, I can't figure out which item you mean. That may be an item you don't have, or need to click directly. ("bugged bön±Ã©t")

Thanks! Not only have you fixed a minor thingy that was probably only bothering me, but you have also taught me the meaning of "pilcrow". I am forever in your debt.