Bug - Fixed Infinite loop when ending Jarlsberg path

guyy

r13157: Broke the prism as Jarls yesterday, chose Pastamancer, and this happened:

Code:
Encounter: Now Leaving Jarlsberg, Population You
Unknown last adventure: id = '1006' name = 'The Sorceress' Chamber' URL = 'lair6.php' container = 'lair.php'
choice 682/1: "No offense, but I wish to club seals."
choice 682/2: "The magic was fun, but I'd rather be taming turtles."
choice 682/3: "Your magic inspires me. I want to mance pasta."
choice 682/4: "Spending time with you made me want to be sauced. Make me a sauceror."
choice 682/5: "How could I aspire to wizardry after embodying you? Make me a disco bandit."
choice 682/6: "I want to write a song about you, and I want to do it on a stolen accordion."
Unknown last adventure: id = '' name = 'The Sorceress' Chamber' URL = 'lair6.php' container = 'lair.php'
Unknown last adventure: id = '' name = 'The Sorceress' Chamber' URL = 'lair6.php' container = 'lair.php'
Took choice 682/3: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=682&option=3
Now walking on the Pastamancer road.
Unknown last adventure: id = '1006' name = 'The Sorceress' Chamber' URL = 'lair6.php' container = 'lair.php'

It made it through the choice adventure, but locked up afterward, printing those last two lines endlessly. The non-broken version of this doesn't have any "unknown last adventure"s:

Code:
Encounter: Now Leaving Jarlsberg, Population You
choice 682/1: "No offense, but I wish to club seals."
choice 682/2: "The magic was fun, but I'd rather be taming turtles."
choice 682/3: "Your magic inspires me. I want to mance pasta."
choice 682/4: "Spending time with you made me want to be sauced. Make me a sauceror."
choice 682/5: "How could I aspire to wizardry after embodying you? Make me a disco bandit."
choice 682/6: "I want to write a song about you, and I want to do it on a stolen accordion."
Took choice 682/5: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=682&option=5
Now walking on the Disco Bandit road.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It made it through the choice adventure, but locked up afterward, printing those last two lines endlessly. The non-broken version of this doesn't have any "unknown last adventure"s
Did it really "make it through the choice adventure"?

The "unknown last adventure" is informational; it called api.php and found that "lastadv" was

id = '1006' name = 'The Sorceress' Chamber' URL = 'lair6.php' container = 'lair.php'

and that name is not a known adventure. For my own amusement, I made it print the message when that happens, but the logged message doesn't do anything else - except show you that it called api.php repeatedly. Strip that out of the log to see what really happened:

Took choice 682/3: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=682&option=3

A DEBUG log would have been nice; since it was an infinite loop, you could have gone to the menu, turned it on, let it loop a bit, and turned it off. But, I'll see what I can figure out.