Bug - Fixed You are currently in a choice after getting I Love Me, Vol. I

I updated my KoLmafia version tonight to 13159. I was running an ascend script and got to the part where Dr. Awkward owns you and you acquire the "I Love Me, Vol. I" book. At this point, KoLMafia gives me a red "You are currently in a choice." and locks up.

So I went into the relay browser but I didn't see anything. I adventure around a few places and everything works. I try re-running the script and it locks up again with the same message. I then checked relay browswer again and everything was fine. I tried adventuring in KoLmafia adventure tab but it froze up with "You are currently in a choice."

I then tried logging out/back in but it was still frozen with that message. Then I went and did the desert quest exploring by relay browser until I got the choice that unlocks the gnome. I then re-ran the ascend script and it worked fine.

I then tried it again with another charater (working on making the ascend script so I have multiple test subjects to work out bugs) and it locked up in the same place. I then switched my KoLmafia back to my previous version of 13100 and ran the script, it started fine.

I ran it again with another test subject using 13100 version and he got the "I Love Me, Vol. I" book without the "You are currently in a choice." freeze.

Finally, I ran the script with the last test subject using 13159 version again, without changing anything with my script, to make sure changes to the script were not the problem/solution and he locked up at the same place with the same message.

Logged out, switched versions of Mafia, and ran the script without that message. I checked to see if a Debug report had been created but there doesn't look to be any.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I also got this after logging in. It may have been related to auto_mushroom script running. I had to restart Mafia to get rid of the "You are currently in a choice" message, logging out and in again was not enough.

There was a debug log when logging out (not when the you are in a choice happened), but it may be unrelated.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20131114.txt
    3 KB · Views: 34

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, revision 13160 should clear "choice handling in progress" if we get to ChoiceManager.postChoice2 when we don't actually have a choice that we just handled. I'm not clear about how that can happen, but not doing that was the single change to my refactoring that can affect this, I think.

Darzil: your debug log happened because we thought you were wearing a Crown of Thrones and a "null" was riding in it. Again, I am unclear of the circumstances that led to that, but revision 13161 will not let you take a null for a ride.