New Content - Implemented Strange, artificial, heavily processed things (Spell caster revamp is Nigh!)

Bale

Minion
The spell caster revamp will go in another thread. This thread is just for the event.

Unknown item found: tangled mass of creepy pasta (6896, 677130598)
--------------------
6896 tangled mass of creepy pasta 677130598 boobooboo.gif usable t,d 5
tangled mass of creepy pasta Effect: "Blessing of the Creepy Pasta", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1463 Blessing of the Creepy Pasta boobooboo.gif b35f8c2f4e485f88f07fd9394df41ec6 use 1 tangled mass of creepy pasta
Blessing of the Creepy Pasta Spooky Spell Damage: +20, Sleaze Resistance: +2
--------------------
Unknown item found: blob of Alphredo™ (6894, 214678093)
--------------------
6894 blob of Alphredo™ 214678093 alphredo.gif usable t,d 5
blob of Alphredo™ Effect: "Blessing of the Stinking Alphredo™", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1461 Blessing of the Stinking Alphredo™ alphredo.gif 9ec25859336babf49ea198cfd49026ec use 1 blob of Alphredo™
Blessing of the Stinking Alphredo™ Stench Spell Damage: +20, Spooky Resistance: +2
--------------------

Bale

Minion
Unknown item found: freezer-burned frost-bitten tortellini (6893, 806518055)
--------------------
6893 freezer-burned frost-bitten tortellini 806518055 tortelinus.gif usable t,d 5
freezer-burned frost-bitten tortellini Effect: "Blessing of the Frozen Tortellini", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1460 Blessing of the Frozen Tortellini tortelinus.gif c6ed6eb619950fd4e56242748857f05b use 1 freezer-burned frost-bitten tortellini
Blessing of the Frozen Tortellini Cold Spell Damage: +20, Stench Resistance: +2
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
Ah, there is nothing like consistency. Alphredo has tm on the monster, but html for tm on the item and blessing.

Will add these soon, monsters cap at 500, scale, are melee resistant, are weird, always lose the jump, and have an appropriate element. They seem to do a normal 35-40 return range. It's a free combat. I haven't yet had a drop from pickpocket, but have had two drops, always one drop so far.

Bale

Minion
Unknown item found: handful of crafty noodles (6895, 594037699)
--------------------
6895 handful of crafty noodles 594037699 pastalighthouses.gif usable t,d 5
handful of crafty noodles Effect: "Blessing of the Pervy Noodles", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1462 Blessing of the Pervy Noodles pastalighthouses.gif b385ad40a44a9bae9195b33338b281fa use 1 handful of crafty noodles
Blessing of the Pervy Noodles Sleaze Spell Damage: +20, Hot Resistance: +2
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
I don't know if anyone is going to spade it, but the two drop rates are :
One drop >= 35% and <= 65%
One drop <= 25%

They can't be pickpocketed or yellow rayed, so are conditional.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
The wandering monster match for the Possessed Jar of Alphredo™ doesn't work. I presume it's due to the tm, which isn't the html variant in the page source.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah, there is nothing like consistency. Alphredo has tm on the monster, but html for tm on the item and blessing.
In our monster database, even if the KoL name does not include character entities, we translate them to such. Two reasons:

Code:
AdventureRequest.parseCombatEncounter:

// Canonicalize
		name = CombatActionManager.encounterKey( name, false );

CombatActionManager.encounterKey( String line, final boolean changeCase )

String key = StringUtilities.getCanonicalName( line );
		line = StringUtilities.getEntityEncode( line );

return changeCase ? key : line;
As you can see, the "encounter key" gets entity encoded, so the TM character is changed into an HTML entity.

The result is, when FightRequest looks for the encounter key, it is looking at the monster name with entities, and the Event Monster windows do not get set for that monster.

> ash $monster[ possessed jar of alph]

Changing "possessed jar of alph" to "Possessed Jar of Alphredo™" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: Possessed Jar of Alphredo™
base_hp => 1

> ash $monster[ Possessed Jar of Alphredo™]

Typed constant $monster[Possessed Jar of Alphredo™] contains non-ASCII characters ()
Returned: void

> ash $monster[ Possessed Jar of Alphredo™]

Changing "Possessed Jar of Alphredo™" to "Possessed Jar of Alphredo™" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: Possessed Jar of Alphredo™
base_hp => 1
Revision 13153

Bale

Minion
Unknown item found: experimental carbon fiber pasta additive (6900, 674562908)
--------------------
6900 experimental carbon fiber pasta additive 674562908 additive.gif usable 0
# experimental carbon fiber pasta additive
--------------------
Unknown item found: hazardous sauce dosimeter (6901, 396445866)
--------------------
6901 hazardous sauce dosimeter 396445866 dosimeter.gif accessory 0
hazardous sauce dosimeter 0 none
# hazardous sauce dosimeter: Lets you gather more Soulsauce
hazardous sauce dosimeter Class: "Sauceror"
--------------------

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is all in revision 13171.

The only thing we are missing is stuff about the Pastamancer item: Pastamancer only (what does it say if another class tries to use it), once per day, and, what does it do, anyway.

Other than that, everything about this event is done: the monsters, the boss, the drops, etc.

Winterbay

Code:
You don't have an active pasta thrall, and you're sure as hell not pouring this stuff on [I]yourself[/I]...

As an AT that is what I got when using it.

Edit: Which I guess hints at where its usage lies. Not totally unsurprising given what the Sauceror-version is for.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13204 adds _pastaAdditive. We set that to true if you try to use it without even looking at the response; it either works or it doesn't, but regardless, once a day is enough. When you try to use it, we limit it to 0 if you've used it yet today. I suppose we could also limit it if you are not a PM, but, meh. Don't do that.

Well, what the heck. Revision 13205 limits usage to 0 if you are not a Pastamancer.

And with that, I think this New Content is done.