Bug - Fixed Choice trouble - "Take a Look, it's in a Book!"

Bale

Minion
r13143: I just ran into a problem with "Take a Look, it's in a Book!"

[120] The Haunted Library
Encounter: Take a Look, it's in a Book!
Requested choice (99) for choice #80 is not currently available.
choice 1: Read "The Rise of the House of Spookyraven" (background history)
choice 2: Read "The Better Haunted Homes and Conservatories Cookbook" (cooking recipe)
choice 3: Read "Ancient Forbidden Unspeakable Evil, a Love Story" (other options)
choice 4: Reading is for losers. I'm outta here. (skip adventure)
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Until now, choice 99 has always been the option to click on the book in the picture. Was this changed in one of the many recent updates because I might have missed on...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ha ha ha.

We added code to make sure that you didn't automate with a choice that did not have a button.
Obviously, Choice #99 has no button.

:)

Bale

Minion
It's great that I ascended today since it seems there are several freshly introduced bugs that only a freshly ascended character will encounter. :D

Winterbay

I had one turn left and managed to get that adventure (lucky me). The submitted URL is:
Code:
choice.php?whichchoice=80&pwd=b05f507d58605b637fa4e0ef1020f351&option=99

So, there's definitely still an option 99 there. Perhaps Mafia only looks at the "real" choices and not this special "hidden" choice when deciding what is available?

Edit: Doubly sniped while digging through html code :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, yes. there certainly is an option 99. But the HTML for it on the page doesn't look like the other buttons.
I expect we can adapt.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I took a multi to get that NC and extracted the following from the HMTL:

PHP:
<map name=library><area shape="rect" coords="22,14,32,41" href='#' onclick="location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=80&pwd=xxx&option=99';" style='cursor: hand' onmouseover="window.status = ''; return true;" onmouseout="window.status = ''; return true;" tabindex=1></map>
ChoiceCommand.optionAvailable and ChoiceCommand.parseChoices will have to adapt to recognize in-line choices line that. How hard can it be?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[89594] The Haunted Library
Encounter: Take a Look, it's in a Book!

> choice

choice 1: Read "The Fall of the House of Spookyraven" (gallery quest)
choice 2: Read "To Serve Man... Delicious Cocktails" (cocktailcrafting recipe)
choice 3: Read "Ancient Forbidden Unspeakable Yoga, a Beginner's Guide" (muscle substats)
choice 4: Reading is for losers. I'm outta here. (skip adventure)
choice 99: (secret choice) (unlock second floor)

> choice 99
Revision 13150