Bug - Cannot Reproduce Issues With SVN Checkout

koyoto

Kol Mafia V16.1

When I enter the checkouts to download new scripts or update zlib nothing seems to happen.

I'm very new to kol mafia.

Magus_Prime

It might help if you could copy the output that appears on the Graphical CLI tab when you try to execute the SVN command.

Magus_Prime

A simple copy and paste of the text in the window would have been fine. It looks like KoLMafia isn't finished logging in before you are entering the SVN command.

One thing to try would be to watch the gCLI window and make sure it turns green before trying anything. Then open the relay browser from the "General" menu and run one adventure through the browser. If that is successful then try the SVN command in the gCLI.

Please post your findings here.

koyoto

After Battle: The Kloop does a foxtrot, a jig, and a waltz, / And it's wondrous enough to make up for its faults.
You acquire an item: blackberry
You gain 48 Muscleboundness
You gain 21 Wizardliness
You gain 27 Cheek

> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/zlib/code

It just doesn't do anything after I try any svn checkout everything else works fine though.

Magus_Prime

Select "Preferences" from the "General" menu then highlight "SVN" from the preferences menu. Which options are checked?

Magus_Prime

Try checking the first and second options. Then type "svn update" in the gCLI.

If there is no output along the lines of:

Code:
Updating all SVN projects...
zlib is at HEAD (r16)
Requests complete.

Then the only thing I can suggest is to update to the latest nightly or hourly build:

http://builds.kolmafia.us/

If nothing changes then I'm out of ideas. What OS are you running KoLMafia on?

koyoto

> svn update

No projects currently installed with SVN.

Downloaded the lastest build

using Windows Vista Home Prem

Winterbay

I guess that if you run "svn list" you get nothing as well?
Do you have a /svn-directory in your Mafia-folder? Is the Mafia-folder somewhere outside of program files?

It appears as if the "svn checkout"-command failed which could happen if Mafia is not allowed to create folders in the folder it is located.

Magus_Prime

That could be it. If you are running as a normal user in Windows Vista, 7, or 8 and KoLMafia is installed in a protected location: the Program Files directory for example. Then you will be unable to write to that location.

koyoto

No I don't have a svn directory I uploaded kolmafia into a new folder I created on my desktop what step by step methods should I use so it will work?

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

If you have the permissions to do so, which you should if it's your desktop, Mafia creates a series of folders on startup:

Code:
ccs
images
relay
scripts
sessions
settings

Once an svn command completes for the first time it will create a new directory: svn

The problem seems to be that the svn directory is not created for some reason.

koyoto

Figured out the issue apparently my java was bugged uninstalled redownloaded it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for all the effort and assistance everyone.

Last edited: