Quick ? need a little help.

I know this is probably an easy fix I just can't find where its coming from. Thanks in advance.

The string "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
The string "Desert (Unhydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
icy peak of the past
the icy peak
Multiple matches against Icy Peak.

It doesn't stop anything just turns it red for a second then continues.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You are running a script and you didn't bother to say what script it is. Scripts can't bypass errors like the one you got for "Icy Peak", so you will need to explain what you are doing a bit more.

I was running the sea but I don't think it's that. Even if I run my turns manually when I go back to kol the error still happens between battles.

Code:
The Briny Deeps
Encounter: funk sole brother
Round 0: Cereal killer 024 loses initiative!
Round 1: Gobert produces a tubular red firecracker labeled M-62, lights the long fuse, and tosses it behind your opponent.
Round 1: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 2: funk sole brother takes 1625 damage.
Round 2: funk sole brother takes 185 damage.
Round 2: Cereal killer 024 wins the fight!
After Battle: Gobert lights a miniature Catherine wheel and dances in the shower of sparks. How cute!
You gain 3 hit points
You gain 5 Muscularity Points
You gain 242 Meat
After Battle: Gobert wiggles her pectoral fins seductively. Good lord, that sounds like the opening line of the worst Free Willy fanfic ever.
You gain 61 Strengthliness
You gain 26 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 27 Sarcasm
The string "Desert (Ultrahydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
The string "Desert (Unhydrated)" no longer matches a location name; use "the arid, extra-dry desert" instead
icy peak of the past
the icy peak
Multiple matches against Icy Peak

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When is the last time you updated BestBetweenBattle.ash? I see no references to the icy peak or the desert in the current edition.

Winterbay

Make sure you don't have more than one copy of the script lying around (should not happen but you never know) and also take a look at zlib which BBB imports.

Winterbay

Yeah, which was why I stated that it should not happen, but you never know. If something odd is going on it may as well be there as well :)

Bale

Minion
To help narrow down the search, that particular form of the error (lacking a script name) only occurs when the data is read in from a mapfile. Therefore it cannot be from BestBetweenBattle.

Maybe something in the mood?

Last edited:

Theraze

It could be from BBB, since BBB uses the turtle taming map, and that map DOES have both the desert and the icy peak...

Fluxxdog

That would make sense. I have the same kind of error in one of my scripts when those changes happen. Didn't think of that until now.