New Content - Implemented Pantsgiving

Can it worth anything that "my" message and message in post #1, from lostcalpolydude are different? It's only one space between phrases, but still...
---edit---
Could you, please, add that fullness message to log? I would track it, if it was here, but now it simply missing.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Can it worth anything that "my" message and message in post #1, from lostcalpolydude are different? It's only one space between phrases, but still...

It shouldn't be, as we are actually matching "could probably make room for <i>one more thing</i>"

Edit - am currently expecting to be back in aftercore today, so will investigate that then.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I actually had the same thing happen, but I was playing turns quickly so I didn't notice it. I only realized there was an issue when I tried eating in the relay browser and it worked. I won all fights normally, so the check happening elsewhere shouldn't matter.

Hmm, there is something strange with it.

I didn't see "fullness" message first time, and Mafia didn't detect it too. "Relay browser test" after ten turns worked.

Can be my overlook, of course, but I begin to suspect that this fullness can be here right from the start (but it wasn't here yesterday - I tested it)... I will check it tomorrow, I suppose, as I just got my second fullness already (and Mafia catch it this time).

Worked first time for me too. But know what? I just got this bit from my clan chat:
Ashe Stormrider: Silence kicks you in the butt to speed your escape. Thanks, Silence... You groan and loosen your overtaxed belt. Y'know, you're full, but you could probably make room for one more thing...
So free runaways can work too. I didn't check it myself, unfortunately (I got my first fullness on Banish, and Mafia catched it) Can it be the reason?

--------------------
6879 pocket lint (white) 727221431 lint.gif usable t,d 0
# pocket lint (white)
--------------------
--------------------
6881 bowl of petunias 829960914 petuniabowl.gif offhand 0
bowl of petunias 0 Mys: 44
bowl of petunias Muscle: +4, Mysticality: +4, Moxie: +4, Experience: +4, PvP Fights: +4, HP Regen Min: 4, HP Regen Max: 8, MP Regen Min: 4, MP Regen Max: 8
--------------------

pocket lint (white)s

bowls of petunias

Anything missing, or are we done here?

It's looking likely that the fullness increases occur reliably at 5 - 50 - 500 combats. It might be nice to have a counter showing how many combats to the next fullness point. Maybe it'd be better to save that for a feature request when its been more thoroughly spaded though.

lazy_fire

Could we track the items that drop from casting Pocket Crumbs in something like _pantsgivingCrumbs? The drops appear to stop after 9 items.

Darzil

Developer
It's looking likely that the fullness increases occur reliably at 5 - 50 - 500 combats. It might be nice to have a counter showing how many combats to the next fullness point. Maybe it'd be better to save that for a feature request when its been more thoroughly spaded though.

Yes, it'll need a lot more spading. Is that combats with it equipped, combats with it equipped and at max fullness, what happens to the counter overnight, how to explain people reporting getting fullness added at lower fullness.

As a datapoint, ran a few adventures with it before eating, and got a point of max fullness straight away when I ate, so looks like the counter increments even when fullness isn't at maximum. Yesterday I ate first, and indeed got my first extra fullness at combat 5. I got the second 49 turns later (48 combats), despite eating 17 turns after getting the first fullness. So looks like the counter depends on combats and not fullness, but you can't get it until you are full. The next question is if you run 55 turns without eating, adventure and get 1 fullness, eat something, then adventure again, do you get fullness the next turn or 50ish turns afterwards. Does getting extra fullness increment the counter?

Edit - The day before, I got first at combat 5, the second 48 turns later (47 combats). Before that I hadn't added the tracking.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Could we track the items that drop from casting Pocket Crumbs in something like _pantsgivingCrumbs? The drops appear to stop after 9 items.

Added _pantsgivingCrumbs tracking in r13091.

Also removed Black Day support. To handle it properly would require coping with buying two otherwise identical items at different prices, but in one buy action, changing purchasing of items involving multiple parts to buy the most expensive one first, etc. I could see logic behind a limited support where out of ronin/hardcore if the price of an NPC item is > 10 x cost of the price reducer it buys and uses the appropriate number first. At present prices that'd affect : Exotic Parrot, most Antiques and the most expensive gift shop items.

Yesterday I ate first, and indeed got my first extra fullness at combat 5. I got the second 49 turns later (48 combats)
That's interesting - I'd been reliably seeing exactly 50 combats for the second fullness point, and not heard any counterexamples yet from others. My assumption right now is that it's number of combats started wearing the Pants, e.g. counted in the same way as familiar usage. Could you possibly link that session log?

Combats counting toward the counter even when not at max full agrees with my observations:
Eat to full at breakfast > gain a fullness point at combat 5 > don't eat until after combat 15 > gain second point at combat 50

What happens if I spend 50 combats before eating to full is exactly what I was going to check today. :)

Bale

Minion
Also removed Black Day support. To handle it properly would require coping with buying two otherwise identical items at different prices, but in one buy action, changing purchasing of items involving multiple parts to buy the most expensive one first, etc. I could see logic behind a limited support where out of ronin/hardcore if the price of an NPC item is > 10 x cost of the price reducer it buys and uses the appropriate number first. At present prices that'd affect : Exotic Parrot, most Antiques and the most expensive gift shop items.

Perhaps a feature request should be opened for Black Day to unbundle it from this thread?

Darzil

Developer
Now all that remains is support for the Pantsgiving extra fullness. I think we're waiting for more spading on that?

Well, we do notice it and log it and increment max fullness based on it. If spading shows it to be possible to implement a counter, we can do that, but if not, I suggest we don't. Not really keen on implementing another Jung Man type counter where the counter says one thing and the in-game experience is different (though that one is slightly useful, as it gives a ballpark, so long as you don't trust it).

Bale

Minion
Wow. Since Black Day got its own thread and the only thing left for bonus fullness is optional, I'm declaring this thread implemented!

If you want, you can create a feature request thread for the fullness counter which may or may not get added. I think it might be best though, to wait for spading before deciding if it should be added to mafia.