New Content - Implemented Spookyraven second floor decorator doesn't run

xKiv

Spookyraven second floor decorator doesn't run, because the page is no manor2.php, but place.php?whichplace=spookyraven2
(and first floor is place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1)
(interestingly, kol itself links the first floor as manor.php from wine cellar, but place.php when going from second floor, which means that our manor.php relays override doesn't fire when descending from second floor)

Bale

Minion
I'm really not fond of this whole place.php refactoring thing KoL is doing. I hope it makes things a lot better on the back end because it isn't fun here.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That was half the problem. If you click on the stairs from the 1st floor, it goes to manor2.php which redirects to place.php as you say. However, changing the URL to decorate still failed, since they have changed the HTML of the 2nd floor map.

Revision 13033 fixes both issues.

xKiv

That was half the problem.

Sorry, that's how far I got debugging a living mafia ;)
(yes, I know I could have just changed location to a different string ...)

I'm really not fond of this whole place.php refactoring thing KoL is doing. I hope it makes things a lot better on the back end because it isn't fun here.
How about a feature request to "disambiguate" place.php request when running relay scripts? (so that ...whichplace=spookyraven1 would look for manor.ash, etc)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I could see place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1 looking for spookyraven1.ash, maybe (I haven't looked at the code for a change like that), but I wouldn't want to have specific reassignments like you suggest. It's unfortunate that KoL uses multiple URLs for some pages, but I don't think mafia should have hard-coded, user-exposed workarounds.

Theraze

If that happened, one way for mafia to handle that gracefully would be by allowing folders in the relay location to handle the disambiguations. So place/spookraven1 would be place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1, and choice/203 would be choice.php?whichchoice=203. This would also allow for a more modular replacement scheme for overrides... though it doesn't address the whole problem where certain choice adventures may show up as choice 0/unassigned until you've started the series. But...

xKiv

And then manor.ash would simply consist of
Code:
import <place/spookyraven1>;
main@place/spookyraven1();

Or however the import/call for another script works with folders.

Theraze

Sure. Though the way that searching works, you could just import spookyraven1.ash and it should work.