New Content - Implemented Accordion Thief Revamp

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
They can't be equipped at all, or they don't give their benefits to a non-AT?
The former is a brand-new mechanism.

Darzil

Developer
What do we want to do to handle that, just notice the failure message and fail? Maximiser shouldn't suggest them I think, as they'll be considered to have no stats for a non-accordion thief?

Winterbay

I ran into the wonderful effect of the maximizer trying to equip my accord ion in my offhand slot and failing.

Also, if you have accordions marked in the datafile as such (for accordion appreciation or whatever) then couldn't you use that to restrict equip-ability?

What do we want to do to handle that, just notice the failure message and fail? Maximiser shouldn't suggest them I think, as they'll be considered to have no stats for a non-accordion thief?
One example I can think of where that could cause a problem would be scripts that maximize verbosity/letterosity. The scripter would have to specifically handle that those accordions cannot be equipped / implement some kind of try structure for possible equip failure. I think it's preferable that mafia is aware that they can't be used, in a similar way to gear you don't meet stat requirements for.

Darzil

Developer
r13092 adds isSpecialAccordion to EquipmentDatabase, and adds checks for this and class to EquipmentManager.canEquip.

I notice canEquip doesn't seem to mention chefstaves. Does this mean we don't currently handle chefstaff equipping well? Sadly my current alts either don't have them or can equip them anyway.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Chefstaff handling is somewhere, 3 different places is what I seem to remember. It's easy to see in the Gear Changer that they only show up when appropriate.

Darzil

Developer
Have we got anything other than Crab Claw Technique to handle here ?

Once it's spaded I think it'll be added +X to the change to hit with an accordion, akin to Master of the Suprising Fist, but not sure what X is yet.

Darzil

Developer
I think it's somewhere around +50 to hit when equipped with an Accordion if you have Crab Claw Technique. Anyone got an Accordion Thief you can verify?

Should be a two minute job to update Mafia and complete support for the AT revamp if someone can verify?

Darzil

Developer
It is (at least to my satisfaction, could be 2-3 points higher, but given TPTB's liking for round numbers, it's unlikely). r13320 makes it so.

Is that it ?