New Content - Implemented Accordion Thief Revamp

Darzil

Developer
To be fixed - If you put "skill steal accordion" into a custom combat script, mafia turns it into "try to steal an item".

Darzil

Developer
I think the main (only?) thing remaining is :

Accordion Appreciation - Take account of doubled modifiers for equipped Accordions with the skill on Modifiers. When discovering new accordions halve the modifiers when you have this skill to get the right value. Does not effect Song Duration.

It would still be nice to have stolen accordions added to monsters.txt as a new drop type, and have daily preferences for whether we've stolen them. Going by item ids, it looks like all they've all been found now.

Also, "skill bawdy refrain" in a CCS comes out as "note unknown/ambiguous skill bawdy refrain". Not sure why, since I can see it's been added to skills.txt.

unwanted

Mafia seems to be treating suspicious gaze as if it's an accordion song. When attempting to execute a mood change which adds a third accordion song when already buffed with 2 accordion songs and suspicious gaze I get this:
Suspicious Gaze cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue.
Mood swing complete.

Darzil

Developer
It would still be nice to have daily preferences for whether we've stolen them. Going by item ids, it looks like all they've all been found now.

For what purpose are we adding this? To enable scripters to guess at the value of drops remaining? I'm not too keen to add 21 new preferences, but I guess we could have one preference where we append the item number or name each time one is stolen. It's not needed by CCS, which just skips the skill use entry if there is no accordion to steal.

Is that what people want?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
_stolenAccordions=6815,6820,6824

This is what I was envisioning, when I thought they were one per ascension (obviously without the "_", in that case). I was thinking it might be nice to have an "accordions" command which would list them all, where they are from, whether you have stolen one, what they do, whatever.

But now that we know they are one per day, that seems less useful. I, too, wonder what the point of tracking them is.

I was thinking in terms of farming scripts that predict value of drops from an area, or scripting to steal accordions from all available locations you haven't stolen one from today, etc.

I agree those are edge cases, and that you might not feel its worth the effort to implement. It just seems a shame, as being able to predict item returns from locations is something mafia does very well, and being unable to predict if an accordion can be stolen would be a hole in that functionality.

Bale

Minion
Now that we know it is once a day, not per ascension, it is a much less significant feature to track them. It'd be nice, but not necessary to be satisfied that the class update is supported.

Awesome stuff, I like the table :)

There's a monster that got left out adding accordion drops to monsters.txt - you can steal a beer-battered accordion from the hung-over half-orc hobo in addition to the drunken half-orc hobo.

Bale

Minion
Veracity wonders about the usefulness of the feature, but then she adds it with style.

All that remains to finish off this content is the Accordion Appreciation skill.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
And they can't be equipped as a non-AT no matter what. Maybe marking them in equipment.txt, the same way shields are marked, would be the way to go. I don't know how that would fit with the "accordions" command though.