New Content - Implemented Desert/Oasis revamp

Theraze

When I have access to good healing skills, sometimes with RNG swing it's easier to skip additional hydration and the drum machine, and just do the 38 total adventures. 3 for a scrip (UV compass), 5 for unlocking, 0 for killing jar (hopefully) and definitely 0 for the black paint which will get me up to 40% done, and then 30 more for just knocking out the desert.

Depends mainly on how much luck I have with getting the drum machine. The stone rose usually seems to happen around the 11-15th adventure in the Oasis after the first. Turns spent in the desert count against it. But yeah, adventure 2 oasis, adventure 4 desert. Repeat until stone rose collected. :)

Darzil

Developer
Doh!

Issue between chair and keyboard.

On an entirely related matter, should we add auto-using of the pamphlets?

Bale

Minion
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes to click on the [use] link and see the message. :D

I think it is fine that the McGuffin diary is auto-used because using it doesn't make it go away or change the use message, so I can still click the link and see it even after KoLmafia has used it.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's especially good to click the use link and see the message because if reading the pamphlet pushes you to 100% desert exploration, you get to see the New Area Unlocked - and click on the pyramid to go there, if you want to do that.